Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Strikeforce World Grand Prix

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch
Jesus, Valentijn f*cking SUCKS. Tapped like a bitch, pathetic. Alistair gotta be embarrassed by that shit. I liked that they pointed out how much experience Val had but neglected to mention him losing like 22 fights. Griggs is pretty good, entertaining to watch and seems like a cool dude.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Alistair, for some reason, feels like he has to be polite about people as soon as he steps foot in America. If you see some of his interviews from the Netherlands or Japan, he's constantly ripping into his brother for not taking MMA seriously, not training enough, not eating right... he buries him, like, every interview, it's amazing.

But, yeah, tapping to strikes!? You have bought shame on the Dutch race. Shame and humiliation. Peter Aerts shuns you.

Guest John Hancock

Which fight? There were about ten fights on this show. Either way, no, I doubt any of them were mocking wrestling, I'm not even sure what you mean by that. MMA guys don't care about wrestling half as much as wrestling cares about them.

Also, for the record, this isn't UFC, it's Strikeforce. The sport isn't called UFC, it's called Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) just happens to be the biggest promotion going right now, but there's lot's of others. UFC is to MMA what WWE is to pro-wrestling.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest Jamster26

I'm...not sure what has happened here. I clicked on this thread and it had a youtube clip of two guys doing a sort of wrestling bout. Not sure why it's gone now?

Edit: Ah, it's on page 14; that youtube clip. For some reason, the thread took me to that page, rather than the last page in this thread.

Guest Frank Botch

Nah Josh wrestles em... professionally on the side so he wasn't trying to mock it or anything. The promo was an old Dusty Rhodes deal. He's cutting these in an odd attempt to get fans to support him again. I think. And yeah, match,or whatever, was pretty fun. Sells better than Angle anyway.

Show last night was pretty bad, main event really sucked, I mean I understand Werdums ''strategy'' but still, not a good thing to watch. Josh's win was pretty cool though, totally dominated Rogers and stole the mic from Gus afterwards. Which everyone should do. Watch Silva win the whole thing now.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dusty Finish

A quote of mine from back in Feb......

The 'Reem and Barnett to fail piss tests now, and your GP champion is Shane Del Rosario.

... said in slight sarcastic jest, but may not turn out to be a million miles away from what actually happens, albeit with a different alternate given the nod ahead of Del Rosario, although if Cormier has messed his hand up good & proper, our Shane may still be in with a shout.

Ultimately, I hope Cormier is okay & pulls out the win against Barnett.... basically, because as this utter shambles (predictably so) of a tournament (justifying why the UFC don't really do them) sums up the state of Strikeforce as a promotion ie. not worth caring about in the slightest. The fighters, on the other hand, you can still get behind, and it would be nice to see the AKA man with a bit of momentum & fanfare behind him when the UFC inevitably gobble up the SF heavyweight division, seeing how there's absoultely no point them crowning a new champion, and Dana will never touch Big Josh with someone else's 10 foot shitty bargepole, out of choice.

Just watched the show, which was pretty decent fare, although Jacare let himself down quite badly. With the state of SF, I actually gave this a wide berth and went with BAMMA last night, which was all good after Andre Winner's rather uneventful offering (discounting the third round of the Middleweight title fight, which was absolutely horrific- although I understand everyone involved putting a positive spin on it, as it was fairly dramatic). Some dynamic trademark Paul Daley, Jordan Radev's iron will, and a very competitive Wallhead vs Trigg made for some good viewing. BAMMA are coming along quite well, I'm happy to say.

Guest John Hancock

I concur. Cormier to win the whole thing, just because it's funny.

"Your winner and new champion via Alistair Overeem doing something else..."