Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Free-TV MMA Thread

Guest Dusty Finish

Guest John Hancock
I can't post because half the stuff you're talking about isn't free for me, and the other half is on different channels, so I can't find. You loads of... bums!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frank Botch
I can't post because half the stuff you're talking about isn't free for me, and the other half is on different channels, so I can't find. You loads of... bums!

Oh yeah these all all over the place over there, Spike, Versus, Showtime, which needs a sub, and HDNet, which people only get depending on weather conditions and the alignment of the stars (if all those people complaining about not being able to get ROH are to be believed). We've got it pretty good over here right now when I think about it, except for the lack of Strikeforce.

Anyway two cards coming up, UFC on Versus 3:

Bantamweight bout: Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page

Middleweight bout: Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Muñoz

Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann

Good, for a free, card, main should be good. Sanchez is going by ''the Dream'' now instead of ''the Nightmare''. Ick.

And Strikeforce on March 5:

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Rafael Cavalcante © vs. Dan Henderson

Women's Welterweight Championship bout: Marloes Coenen © vs. Liz Carmouche

Middleweight bout: Tim Kennedy vs. Melvin Manhoef

Lightweight bout: Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal

Looking forward to Henderson fight over everything else on these shows. I mean if you don't like watching this dude smash people, you're a communist Nazi who hates kittens and life in general. Now watch him get beat up like my other favourites have been this past month.

Guest Frank Botch
"I let that go. I let the 'Nightmare' go," he said on a Tuesday teleconference. "To me, I see some negative in it. A nightmare is something that is negative and kind of evil. I don't want to represent that. I want to represent positivity and good.

"I look back on my career. The 'Nightmare'? The nightmare was myself," he continued. "All the times I fell off track and got into drinking, got into smoking weed, the things that brought me down, the partying. That was my nightmare. I was my own nightmare. I'm grown up. I'm going to let that name go. I just want to be Diego Sanchez. I don't even need a nickname. I'm me."

You want to be kind of evil, bah. There's also this:

Back with his first coach Greg Jackson in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sanchez has embraced weight-lifting, working alongside top-level wrestler Willie Parks in adding muscle to his frame. Sanchez told MMA Fighting that he's currently walking around between 187-190 just about a week before weigh-ins.

I blame Greg Jackson. For everything.

Guest John Hancock
Before they introduced the decision / judge's schtick to MMA, what the f*ck did Greg Jackson do?

Guest carlito is cool
More often than not 10 oz gloves are used although some of the lighter weights (bantam, flyweight ect) will sometimes use 8 oz. Ive had two fights and both were fought using 16oz (sparing) gloves which gives alot of protection although knockouts and knockdowns can still occur. I sparred a lad the other week who had about a stone weight on me and ability wise we were on about a par he wore 10 oz gloves and i noticed a big difference to the 16's :doh32: Imagining a straight right from Vlad Klitschko in 10 oz gloves is scary.

Guest Frank Botch

Posting in the wrong thread, Carlito? I've done that. A lot.

Anyway, your winner from last night:

10.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/gonewiththexsinx/diego_sanchez_face.jpg

Man, what a bullshit decision, smh@ swinging wildly like a drunk winning guys fights. Dumbass judges. Good show, Roller KO was pretty sick. Main was great too until... you know.

Sanchez and Kampmann each earned a whopping $160,000 bonuses for "Fight of the Night" honors.

Roller, who earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, and Bowles, who got the "Submission of the Night" bonus, each took home $40,000.

UFC president Dana White informed MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) of the winners and amounts prior to the evening's post-event press conference at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.

Initially, White told the media he was going to give Sanchez and Kampmann $60,000 each. Soon after the show, he informed Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole that he ultimately threw in an additional $100,000 for both Sanchez and Kampmann because he was so impressed by the fight.

Wow.

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Rikidozan
Stop making me like you Dana! Stop it! He's ruining my black and white vision of the world.

Dana always does stuff like that though.

Guest Rikidozan
For anyone a Sky subscriber but not an ESPN subscriber, the channel is free to watch this weekend, and the Sanchez Vs. Kampmann show is airing Sunday, 11:15pm.

Guest Frank Botch

Recap from the show last night:

[YOUTUBE]HpeZrzvIUvU[/YOUTUBE]

HENDERSON!!!!

Cool show, main event was awesome.

Guest Rikidozan
Meh, Henderson is kind of tainted goods after his UFC run; the guy got two title shots, and lost both. Oh, and Moron Ranallo is still utterly annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frank Botch

UFC Fight Night: Seattle, Saturday:

Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Phil Davis

Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson

Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson

Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung

Card was pretty much wrecked by injuries, but it's still strong enough for a freebie. Moderate step up for Davis, since Nog has looked borderline horrible more often than not recently, it'll be interesting to see how he does. I hope all TWO will join me in wishing Hardy a severe beating. Dana will probably throw Garcia and Jung a hundred grand for swinging at nothing for fifteen minutes.

Guest Frank Botch

Yeah wishing a severe beating on someone is kinda harsh, I actually hope he gets knocked out after a minute to show what an overhyped, overrated waste of space he is. Either way, Rumble is taking this.

First one looks more likely:

“I’m not planning to go to the ground with Anthony,” Hardy emphatically stated during this week’s conference call. “I’m planning to send him down on his own

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/152323/y2icd.gif

There is NO WAY this post will come back to haunt me. Nope.

Guest John Hancock

Well, you might have been neutral to him...

It's a rare thing to find someone who actually likes him.