Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Free-TV MMA Thread

Guest Dusty Finish

Guest carlito is cool
I like Hardy but i feel his only chance will be if Johnson has struggled making weight and is somehwhat depleted come fight night as he is HUGE for 170! If he isnt i can see Johnson 2nd round ko and a brutal 1 at that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow
I'm the only man in the world who still likes Dan Hardy. Apart from, you know, Dan Hardy.

I am still a massive Dan Hardy fan.

Guest Frank Botch
he is HUGE for 170!.

@joshgrossespn

Here's my feature on Anthony Johnson. He started training camp eight weeks ago at 230 pounds. Needs to be 171 on Friday

Crazy amount of weight to drop.

Guest Rikidozan
You can't drop that amount of weight in that amount of time without some issues arising.

Amateur wrestlers in the US have died from heart attacks due to cutting drastic amounts of weight, and most of them were under 30. Of course the number of dead guys from weight-cutting in the amateurs is nowhere near the number of dead guys in pro wrestling.

Guest carlito is cool
230!!! wow! alot of lhw wouldnt even walk around at that size! Alot will depends on how well he makes the cut but he cant have many fights left in him at 170 dropping that kind of weight over and over will definately shorten your career. Will be interesting to see how Hardy will be mentally after that devastating KO against condit, this is not the type of guy you want to be fighting coming off the back of a shattering loss.

Guest John Hancock
This is why American amateur wrestlers have such short life spans. Kick-boxers, boxers and ju-jitsu guys don't do this as much, sambo guys and judo guys never do it (as evidenced by Fedor's big mighty belly) but wrestlers do it for every fight, by an insane amount. My girlfriend's brother is a teacher who doubles up as a high school wrestling coach, and he knows guys who'll drop 40 to 50 pounds in week or just over every single time they fight.

Guest Frank Botch

Well, he made weight:

Dan+Hardy+vs.+Anthony+Johnson.gif

Hardy is a pretty huge underdog going into this, only seen a handful of people give him a chance. Five fights are being shown on Facebook this time around.

Garcia at the weigh in:

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6529/garciaz.jpg

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Alright, Garcia/Jung was awesome, like a hundred times better than their ''fight of the decade.'' A f*cking twister man.

http://imgboot.com/images/ttest/ufn24cjunsubmitlgar2.gif

Sub of the year.

Dana White talks Dan Hardy: "Not necessarily (with he be cut). We’ll have to wait and see. I f*ckin’ love that kid."

Yeah I hate Hardy as much as the next guy, or more than everyone here I guess, but it's not like he's been fighting bums recently, probably deserves another fight at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank Botch

Bellator has been pretty great recently, sick flying knee on Imada from the last show:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ESRaVAM4ulM/TZfSQPpn-oI/AAAAAAAACJQ/6IHV1FxgRdA/s1600/3.gif

Guest Frank Botch

This isn't free here but... streams are free so:

Strikeforce Welterweight Championship: Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley

Strikeforce Lightweight Championship: Gilbert Melendez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri

Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine

Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm

Main and opener should be awesome, Diaz has got this. Jardine is getting knocked out, Melendez will probably win.

Weird Ariel interview with Diaz, Diaz thinks Ariel should get slapped at the start. Then talks normally, normal for Nick anyway, then gets angry towards the end again. '' Do you not like me Nick?''

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/07/nick-diaz-im-the-most-overworked-overtrained-underpaid-figh/

Odd. These weird deals are one of the reasons I love this dude though.

Guest Frank Botch
It is on live man, Primetime channel 480, but you have to pay for it. Same for the HW GP fight cards. The Challengers cards are free on that channel though, some people were kinda confused by that.

Guest Frank Botch

Another amazing performance from Diaz, his striking is just on another level, pretty funny to watch him pick his shots while Daley swung wildly. Survived everything Daley could offer as well (Daley being totally one dimensional and all). Later Daley, enjoy Shark Fights and BAMMA.

Great peformance form Gilbert as well, dude is an animal.

Daley/Diaz was probably round of the year too.

Edited by Frank Botch