Fan Clubs | beta

Evil Dead remake AND Evil Dead 4 on the way...

DC

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I got to see this tonight and while it wasn't scary or like the originals, this film was AWESOME!

Seriously check it out. Tons of blood and gore. The characters Wernt intelligent and lacked little things to make it a outstanding film . But I'd go back to see it again

Guest John Hancock

[video=youtube;EqVUFlXtDWw]

A cool little short video on the reaction for the British government against original Evil Dead. Just a little clip of how f*cked up the BBFC can be when it chooses to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock

Evil Dead. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Easily the least disappointed I've been in a film since...pfft, maybe as far back as Dark Knight. It benefits massively from not trying to the original at all, it's just a different film in the same setting. It's buried Eli Roth and his back catalogue of shit and piss on his grave by putting the fun and grossness and silliness back into extreme violence. There's no cheap scares, nothing's predictable, the special effects are insane, the gore is so over the top that, at points, I honestly felt my blood pressure drop, and it manages to not sully the original by never, ever, EVER attempting to be even the slightest bit funny.

Pretty much the perfect horror remake.

• 3 months later...
Guest Fatherof10minis
Finally got to see the Evil Dead remake. Weird but intriguing at the same time. Didn't think the girl would be the one to get out of the house. Over the top gore a big plus in my book though.

• 5 weeks later...
Original or remake?
The 2013 version (the original is called The Evil Dead).

I wouldn't say it's an out-and-out remake of Raimi's original either. The premise is, of course, the same, but **SPOILER**

the events that happened to Ash occurred previously to this film at the same location (the rusting Oldsmobile is meant to be the one Ash drove to the cabin for the original series of events). The "evil" is always there and if you read the words, he will come. It just so happened that is what one of this bunch did too.

Plus, the cameo at the end shows that this is a chronological follow-up to the events of the original trilogy of movies.

The plan is to film a sequel to Evil Dead, follow that up with Army of Darkness 2 and then release seventh movie in the series that intertwines Ash and Mia's stories.

Edgehead, the new Conan film is worth a watch, even for the opening scenes with Kid Conan. I genuinely could have watched an entire film on that kid learning from Ron Perlman as a prequel to the Arnie movies.

I loved the remake. Just take a look at the desktop thread. I thought it was very well done and respectful to the source material.

I watched it alone the first time and there were some pretty scary bits even for an OG horror fan like me. Well done cast and crew. I hope to see a sequel.

ALSO, make sure you stick around after the credits. You will not be disappoint.