Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club IV

I wouldn't sully your picks by having them listened to by Dante, given his choices :P

Dante

Taylor Swift - Generic track 1

Dear God,

Please stop the pain.

Thanks,

Me.

0/10

Taylor Swift - Generic track 2

See above.

0/10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Springsteen

Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift

Vocally it grates. I think because it's typical of female vocalists of a certain style. The tune isn't much better, though not terrible. 2/10.

Tim McGraw - Taylor Swift

See this is better (though not that much and it's not that big of a claim) without being too special. It never really gets out of first gear but it isn't terrible. 4/10.

Soundgarden - Black Rain

Oh yeah, I know this song. Yeah its pretty cool, the guitar work is great, vocals are a bit hit and miss for me though. But its very, I dunno, atmospheric I think is the best word. 7/10

Elliot Smith - Needle in the Hay

Intros making my spine get chills, and in a nails on the blackboard way. This is very 70s alt rock, not my bag, but not horrid. Still couldnt put up with it for long. 4/10

Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift

Bored of hearing her now. Any good will I had towards her music is long gone. Just sounds annoying to me now. 0/10

As above. 0/10

Guest Dante Spears
I wouldn't sully your picks by having them listened to by Dante, given his choices :P

Dante

Taylor Swift - Generic track 1

Dear God,

Please stop the pain.

Thanks,

Me.

0/10

Taylor Swift - Generic track 2

See above.

0/10

Look pal I thought you're selections were utter rubbish made by talentless hacks but did I say that? No. Did I insult them? No. I looked at them objectively. Yes I gave up on the Alice Cooper but I gave up paying attention, I actually listened to the whole thing. Frankly to me that shit is generic worthless crap so don't go insulting my choices. Stop wasting my time with your stupid insults.

Look pal I thought you're selections were utter rubbish made by talentless hacks but did I say that? No. Did I insult them? No. I looked at them objectively. Yes I gave up on the Alice Cooper but I gave up paying attention, I actually listened to the whole thing. Frankly to me that shit is generic worthless crap so don't go insulting my choices. Stop wasting my time with your stupid insults.

[video=youtube_share;4-PIckHrZ0o]

1. Not your "pal" now, apparently...

2. Paul also scored your tracks 0/10. How about taking a piss poor attempt at a cheap shot on him too? No? Oh wait, He Be MODERATOR~~~!!!

3. If you note, I detest that style of music. I marked down The Def's country twee style stuff too.

4. Unlike you, I listened to both your tracks all the way through. I'd like to think anyone who constantly reads the Music Club threads appreciates that I at least listen to all the music and score fairly according to my own taste.

You really think I'd score your tracks down because you didn't like mine? Pfffft. Don't flatter yourself. Plenty people have bitched about my stuff in the past and I haven't marked them down for it. I just - and this may be a WILD CONCEPT for you to take in - do not like Taylor Swift. At all. In any shape or form.

Edited by Inno

Guest BratSan

Springsteen

Yeah New York by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's

Good foot tapping number. Musically not anything great but decent one. 6/10

Absurd by Fluke

Reminded me of Prodigy/ Rammstein kinda genre. Music is good but the vocals are forgettable. 5/10 for the music only. Vocals get 0/10.

Jamster

Poets Of the Fall - War

Good lad. Another POTF fan. Lovely.

I love most of the tracks by POTF and this one is no exception. Vocally and melody wise, they always manage to fascinate me. 8/10

Soulburn by Masterplan

Overlapping piano stuff at the beginning was cool. Otherwise very forgettable. Wouldn't bother once more with this. 5/10

DS

Motown Junk by The Manic Street Preachers

Nah. Can't really feel the groove. Not working for me. Vocals are average and the voice is annoying at times. 4/10

Monday Morning 5:19 by Rialto

Yeah, good one. Very late 80's feel to it. Liking the retro touch and the voice is pleasant enough. 6/10

Motown Junk by The Manic Street Preachers

Nah. Can't really feel the groove. Not working for me. Vocals are average and the voice is annoying at times. 4/10

Average? I think you're being nice. At this point in their careers James would be the first to admit he couldnt sing. :lol

Guest BratSan

Maxximus

Warrior Soul : The Losers

I agree with DS, this is the best pick ever by Maxiboy. Vocally,rhythm,melody-wise this is just amazing. Hell, what a number. Instant favorite. 9/10

Danzig - How The Gods Kill

The soft part is dragged and sounds bland after a while. The sudden change to metal works though, and in a good way. Nothing great but definitely worth a second listen. 6/10

TheDef

Zac Brown Band - Colder Weather

I kinda liked it. Though it sounded random, it still managed to make me listen to it for the full 4.44 mins which in itself is amazing because I am not too fond of country music. So yeah 5/10

The Band Perry - If I Die Young

This one scores too, and on the higher side. She is vocally amazing and makes me want to listen to her again. The number of instruments being played are amazing and contributes to this song in a beautiful way.7/10

Inno

Skin: Stronger

Bah. Very forgettable. Didn't appeal to me in anyway, vocally or tune wise. 4/10

Alice Cooper: Feed My Frankenstein

Nah. Was never a fan of Alice, and this one doesn't convince me otherwise. 3/10

Guest BratSan

Shaun2J

Soundgarden - Black Rain

The riff is pretty cool. Vocally not brilliant but OK. Average overall. 5/10

Vocally it's different and in a good way. Me likey likey :). Favorited. 8/10

Dante

Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift

Bland.Bland.Bland. 2/10 for her and her only. ;)

Can't be bothered anymore with this. Thanks. 2/10 again for only her beautiful eyes. :)

Edited by BratSan

Guest BratSan
Average? I think you're being nice. At this point in their careers James would be the first to admit he couldnt sing. :lol

I would hate to have his voice really. :P

Guest BratSan

Ok, finally.

Here are my picks, got get your low scores ready, you misers :P

Pick 1: Ooh La La by Goldfrapp. God, I love Alison. My Madonna. :)

[video=youtube;uco-2V4ytYQ]

Pick 2: You need me, I dont need you by Ed Sheeran. Guy's got talent.

[video=youtube;ZXvzzTICvJs]

Have a blast you nitpickers. :P

Edited by BratSan

Ooh La La by Goldfrapp

Overplayed to hell. Which is a shame as its actually a very good little pop song. Actually has a bit of Blondie as well, which is a good thing. 8/10

You need me, I dont need you by Ed Sheeran

No doubting this guys skill. Great song, heard it a few times and love it. 9/10

Good picks man.

Guest Beefhead

Inno

Both of your picks get a 0/10 utter rubbish. Nah J/K

Skin: Stronger

I liked this. Wasnt in love with it but did enjoy it quite a bit though I see Alice is up next and Feed my Frankenstein kicks this songs ass. 7/10 for this one.

Alice Cooper: Feed My Frankenstein

Love Alice Cooper as I believe Ive said before. Feed my Frankenstein is one of my favorites and this version of it was pretty damn good. 8/10

Shaun2J

Soundgarden - Black Rain

Love Soundgarden. Loved Badmotorfinger and since this song is originally from that time period I was anxiously awaiting its release last year. Excellent stuff. The video is great, the vocals are F'in Chris Cornell so epic, and the music is just awesome. 10/10

Hmmm I didnt like this one anywhere near as much as the last track but I didnt hate it either. Elliot Smith is not really my cup of tea, but this song is ok 7/10

Dante

Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift

I Think Taylor is very talented, but I dont seem to like anything that isnt from her first album, and pretty much detest anything from the newest album. I dont know why, it just seems like her first album was so much better written. Im assuming it's the usual country music trap of trying to release a new album every single year and just pumping out too many songs in a short time to really write anything good. 1/10

This is one of my two favorite Taylor tracks. I loved this song when it came out. 9/10

Bratsan

Goldfrapp- Ooh Lala

I really liked this and I definitly heard some Debbie Harry influence in here. This was really good 8/10

Ed Sheeran- You need me I dont need you

Guys definitely got some talent. I loved the intro and the beginning but the song started too grate about a minute in and so went from a 8 to about a 6/10