Fan Clubs | beta

World of Warcraft

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26

I'm not sure if I've done the bright thing here' but I've bought World of Warcraft.

I'm in need of playing a decent RPG game and apparently, this is one of the best.

Just wanted to know if anyone on here has any experiences playing it? The good? The bad? But most of all, does it get your money's worth?

Thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore WoW, it's even better than cake, and cake is good!!!

You might have been better getting the trial version perhaps before playing? You can get a charater upto level 20 for free and wont have spent any money. I definitely get my moneys worth out of it, it's by far my favourite game. It's a very social game especially when you get to the higher levels and to progress any further you really need to be raiding and doing dungeons with others to better your gear score. Upto level 85 I did the whole thing on my own just doing quests occasioanlyl grouping with friends. It's a VERY geeky game too, and if it tkes your fancy will be very addictive and stop you wanting to have a life. :P

WoW is a con. First, you overpay for the game AND all the add ons, for which privilege you get ancient graphics and mechanics, then you pay monthly to keep playing something you've already paid for.

Bang for your buck wise, it's actually not as bad as that makes it sounds, because there is a lot to do. But, if like most people, you work for a living and like to have some time to do things on the weekend, then WoW is going to be very expensive per hour of game time.

Have you tried DC Universe Online or LOTR, for mmo's? If it's just RPG, have you played Dragon Age and all the DLC and DA2 and all the DLC, or Skyrim or Oblivion or FF13 or FF12?

Also, did you try a demo of WoW before you bought it? Cause I played it for about 10 hours, worked out what the score was, and went back to Guild Wars. I think you've played that right? Currently working on main chars GWAMM, then starting for 50/50 on my brothers and a mates accounts.

Guest Jamster26

Yeah, I am still playing Guild Wars. :) Really, I'm just waiting for GW2 to come out now. Hopefully it'll be soon.

Guild Wars is by far the best MMORPG I've played so far.

I play WoW and to be honest I like IT and a lot of other MMO's I've found to be fairly generic. When you say you vought WoW what have you actually bought? The original Vanilla version or the battkle chest with Burning crusade or all the expansions?

Alsoit's not really any more expensiev than any other MMO. If you play free to play games there is ALWAYS something to pay for if you want to be the best. WoW, at least for now, makes you pay once for the game and then your monthly sub but you get all the game for that which for me is better as I tend to play avidly then drop off for a bit and come back. I know that the only input I need to catch up is time and not that I have to buy new characters or gear or specific levels or dungeons.

The leveling experience I think is probably the best it's been for a while. Get into a guild asap as you get some nice perks. Read up on the classes and races. If you go Horde you'll be faced with the more elitist side of the world but arguably it's the more "mature" faction. Alliance is supposed to be the one younger players join but I'm in a guild that has a minimum age of 25 and we get new members all the time.

Guest Jamster26

I got the battle chest ones. :) So yeah, burning crusade.

I read a couple of reviews on the game, and it was all very positive, so thought I'd get it.

And yeah, I always try and get into a guild on any MMORPG I play; being the Newbie that I am.

I'm setting myself up here but if you want to create your character on my realm I will try and help you out if I can. I'm on Saurfang, my character all start with the prefix Frei, I'm levelling a Hunter called Freiwolf and my main is Fréigán. you can;t join my guild unfortunately but there's plenty of social guilds you can join. Be prepared for lots of updates though as I doubt they've changed the Vanilla discs to be Cataclysm (the latest expansion) ready.

Guest John Hancock

I downloaded and played the free trial of WoW and absolutely hated it myself. Really couldn't get into it, it just seemed like a chore, there was no fun or any particular skill in it, and it's ugly as sin. At least the saucer-of-milk-shallow Assassin's Creed looks nice whilst it's ripping you off.

I don't really like any of the MMORPGs I've played, but WoW was the one I enjoyed the least by a pretty long way.

Guest John Hancock
How long agio John? The old vanilla WoW was dire but the last expansion basically updated all the old zones and questing to make it more enjoyable.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Last year sometime maybe.

Guest The Beltster
I dont like games where I have to use the mouse and the keyboard for control and where there are billions of little icons and notifcations on the screen. It becomes confusing and annoying. I like something I can pick up and play. Plus, the stigma of being a complete nerd if you play that game isnt appealing either ;)