Fan Clubs | beta

World of Warcraft

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26
Hmm, have to admit, I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of "story / direction" the game has so far. There doesn't to be any...you know, story path to it. Maybe it takes a while to get into it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't much in Vanilla WoW per say because the entire world is the story, each zone has a flow to it. It's not like a single player RPG where you have a set "script" to go through which fills out your character. Once you get to level 60 and start working your way through the expansions you get more of a presence of the stories of each expansion. If your not that used to MMORPG's it;s a bit unsetteling because you're used to linear progression through a game.

Plus the best content with the most explanation is generally the latest content so you'd need to buy wrath and Cataclysm and get to 80 to start experiencing that. no one talks about BC content anymore and most Wrath content isn't talked about either so it mmay feel like you don't get much backstory for those expansions.

One bit of advice is to watch the trailers for each expansion from the login in screen.

Guest Jamster26

Thanks for that. :) I'm sure it will be great once I level up and get the expansions, that you mention.

Although, I'm finding to hard to take on the mobs / creeps in the area at the moment...

If you go back to your capital city (Thunder Bluff) You see Call to Arms signs all over the place which should direct you to a zone that is appropriate for you. Also if you open the world map and hover over a zone it will tell you what levels it is appropraite for and rememeber Green is V.easy, yellow is medium and orange/red means hard to impossible. Grey means don;t bother. Questing is much better for XP than grinding mobs and now you get XP for doing your professions it;s always worth levelling those as you go rather than completeing a load of zones and then havig to go back through to level up a gathering profession like Mining or Leatherworking.