Fan Clubs | beta

Guild Wars 2

Omega

Anyone else tried signing up for the beta or looking forward to this getting released?

Seen a few reports from the Press beta and it looks tunning and the combat physics move away from the typical single target MMO standard and allow you to melee without a care and hit multiple targets. Plus they;ve gone for a non-linear "event" based system for the majority of the action so you turn up at places where stuff is happening and get rewarded for how much you part-take in whats going on. This could be the thing to drag me away from WOW if anything is.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I signed up for the beta. Given how much money I've dropped with Anet, I should get a goddamn gold paved road into it, but then I've never even got a Christmas card from them, the cheeky ****ers.

To give you an idea, between my brother and I, we've probably spent about £800 on Guild Wars over 7 years.... maybe more.

Edited by etz

Guest Jamster26

Absolutely. Can't wait for this. I came in late playing Guild Wars and it's honestly the best MMORPG, I've ever played. Well wrriten story, nice graphics and really good Player V Players competitions.

Been trying to get GWAMM, just like Etz; in anticipation for Guild Wars 2.

I'm so flipping lazy, I've not done it yet.... though, to be fair, I'm delaying finishing VQ of Elona until I figure out whether my brother will need it to reach 50/50, since he has more pvp statues. Oh, and I've been getting a mate up to 30/50.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamster26
Just watched a few previews on good old youtube, and it looks really good. I think it's the perfect cross between Guild Wars and WoW.

Guest Jamster26
I think it's better once you start questing with other people, instead of being on your own. I still prefer Guild Wars though.

it's one of the main issues I find with wow in the sense that because it's gone on so long and now the endgame content isuch a long way from where you start the actual multi-player part doesn't really kick in until you get to the level cap. The dungeon finder tool helps a little but since if you play badly everyone screams at you to "l2p" it's off putting as well.

Anyway, yeah GW2 looks all kinds of awesome and I think the combat style looks more fun and friendly especially melee combat.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbuy.guildwars2.com%2F&h=7AQG4qy6mAQGyZtJrrr_mZKuqjCgt9qdZfGch-vIRrZV9aA

Only got info on the Collectors Edition but worryingly there is a massive surcharge on the european price to the us price:

US price $150 = £95

Actual Pounds sterling price £120 = $205!

Which is bullsh*t to be honest but I wouldn;t have bought them anyway.

The normal pre-order price looks to be around $66 so that works out to be the usual £40+ we pay for a title here.

Plus pre-orders get free weekend beta invites. :O

You're nearly 12 years younger than me, it probably doesn't look odd to have a 6 inch statue of a video game character in your life\room.

However I will order the pre-order normal version on the 10th since it a non-subscription game even if it turns out to be monumentally disappointing (and most reviewers have been universally praising) it's no big loss.

Guest Jamster26

HOM = Hall of Monuments. (Records of all your acheivements in GW.

In the original guild wars games, there are a number of titles that you can collect throughout the game, which when completed, get stored into the HOM. Titles such as: legendary vanquisher, completing all missions in each continent, taming and levelling a pet to level 20 etc

The HOM on your GW account, will also be a feature in Guild Wars 2.

The titles (like above) that you achieve in the original guild wars, allow you to unlock special items / weapons for Guild Wars 2.

Really, you could buy GW Prophecies, Eye of the north, Factions and Nightfall, for under £15 now. I got the whole lot for £14.99.

Once you’ve earned titles in GW, you can go to the HOM Calculator website, which lists your current achievements and you can also check to see, what nice perks you have unlocked for GW2, on the back of your GW accomplishments, listed in your HOM.

So yeah, that’s the value of buying the original GW games. :)

• 4 weeks later...