Fan Clubs | beta

Guild Wars 2

Omega

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stroy line quest is pretty well rounded at the moment and most of the events are interesting and pop up regularly enough to not feel like you're queing to experience anything. PlusI think there's plenty of replay value with the race/class/backstory combinations.

Guest Jamster26

All sounds promising from what you've put on here and what I've read elsewhere.

Do we think it's going to be the bigger than all of the other MMO's? WOW etc?

I think it might be bigger than SW:TOR. I think die-hard WoW players will find it difficult to adjust certain aspects of their game-play and may not take to it. You can't faceroll GW2, the dodge mechanic means you aren't simply playing a "rotation" and in a way every mob plays a bit like a mini-boss fight. The sheer epicness of the environment is what wins for me. I've not played an MMO that is as good looking as this. So many wow-heads complain that WoW looks outdated with cartoony graphics. GW2 feels like a grown up MMO. I think it could be very big but they'll need to update tutorials and stuff as it's a little impenetrable for those who don't know GW1 or didn't read up about GW2 from the NDS beta.

The Personal Storyline also makes you care about your character more without being a total diversion from exploring the world. the transportaion sites are useful witout feeling like they are taking away from actually getting to places, the dynamic events happen at a frequency that means you aren't sat at the edge of an area waiting for stuff to happen all you do is run around exploring.

It's epic and now I want to be playing it again! :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jamster26
I finally managed to pre-order myself a copy of this. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/tiya-chan/smiley/phew.gif

I finally managed to pre-order myself a copy of this. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/tiya-chan/smiley/phew.gif

pre-order or pre-purchase? Only pre-purchase have access to the Beta Weekends.

Guest Jamster26
I didn't have any money on me at the time, and I desperately didn't want a "Sorry, the stock is now empty!" scenario.

Guest Jamster26

Gamestation. :)

I'm in the mood to return to the original Guild Wars. I've joined a new Guild and and about to do todays Zaishen Mission; A Gate Too Fart.

Guest Jamster26

Etz / Omega; the GW2 beta weekend is next week and there are some free keys up for grabs if you don't have one already.

You just need to sign up to these, put your name down and hope your name gets drawn out of the hat. You'll then receive an email with your key which you register the GW beta event with.

1) http://www.tentonhammer.com/giveaways/gw2/bwe2

2)

Pre-purchased GW2 on the day it became available, so I'm in all the BWE, though I'm less keen on them now than I was after CB2, since the merchants weren't working in the first BWE. I'll give it a go this time, but if the trade system ain't working and I have to create my characters from scratch again, then I'm about done with GW2 till it goes live. Doing the same content again doesn't really appeal to me, at all.

Plus, I've decided I might go for a triple GWAMM spike (3 accounts at once), which means I have a shitload of work to do to get accounts 2 and 3 up to speed.

Edited by etz

characters are being kept over from last time apparently so not all bad. might go and check out some WvWvW pvp this time around which is pretty rare for me since i generally despise PVP but the system looks kind of cool.

Guest Jamster26

Can I ask guys, how long did it take for you to download the beta? It's something like 11GB and my currently download speed is 295KB / Sec.

I take it that's bad / slow? (Does anyone know how to increase the speed?)

I don't know allot about computer stuff.

300kb/sec isn't bad, it's pretty average. If you're with BT or virgin, it'll slow down after the 1st GB if you download during the day, since you'll trip their traffic shaping fair usage thingamabob. I just opened my client at night before I go to bed and leave it downloading until I get up. Took about 3 nights.