Fan Clubs | beta

Guild Wars 2

Omega

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamster26

Excellent, which game have you started off with? "Prophecies" is the first of the bunch but arguably the "least fun". (Don't agree with that myself). Whilst "Nightfall", is considered the most entertaining.

Anyway, if you need any help or anything; then just give me a shout.

I'm struggling with the combat a little, it so different to wow in respect of how I think I should manage my energy and what is good to have and what isn't. Also I got to some kind of island with lots of quests but no idea what I was supposed to do or get off the island.

There really is no hand holding in the game, it seems to literally throw you in with no real direction. WoW is pretty good about teaching you the better ways to play your role.

Guest Jamster26

Hmm yeah, the problem is, the game "expects" you to have already played prophecies, since that is the version, which guides you along and is the real "hand holding" game. None of the other GW games, really do that, so it can be abit difficult to get the direction.

And yeah, the game's quite different WoW. :lol So it will take time.

Digital Deluxe GW2 ordered... at least the beta at the end of this month has no NDA...

When starting out, wiki.guildwars.com, seriously. The closest thing I can think of in terms of skills is Dragon Age, but it's not really a comparison.

Essentially, it's a game that requires a balanced team. In areas with groups of 4, that typically implies 1 physical (warrior,paragon), 1 healer (monk or healing rit), 1 utility and 1 dmg. The game is balanced with a 1/2/1, front/mid/backline split in mind, at least in normal mode. You're going to struggle a lot with hero builds at first because of your limited skills, so using henchman is advised. Either that, or buy the PVP skill unlock packs.

Edited by etz

Guest Jamster26

Yeah, in terms of co - operative play, nothing beats Guild Wars. It's so easy to find a team, to do the main story quests, the side quests, vanquishes, PVP's etc.

And yeah, at the start, Henchman come in real handy! Although, there's nothing like starting out on the open road, with somebody else that you met at the start of the game and advancing the story together that way. It's awesome fun.

It's also a very "friendly" game, I think.

In short Omega, don't give up on it at the start, because there's SO many things you can do and there is something for everybody.

Factions is awesome for ripping straight through and levelling new characters super quick. Horrendous place to start a first character though, because you will get major league owned if you're not careful or don't have decent builds.

Guest Jamster26

:lol That is true. Been there and done that.

I still need to enter the Domain of Anguish area. Still not got round to doing that yet! Working on my vanquish title, currently. :)

Guest Jamster26
One thing I really need to get around to doing, is Orgoz's Warren. It's on my ever growing list. Also, the Underworld title. Perhaps also the PVP title. The tame animal title is probably needed too...Oh, and definitely the Guardian title for Elona.

If, by PVP title, you mean the Zaishen Title, then certainly, but you will need loads of keys.... if you mean any other pvp title, save yourself the bother and find a high building, then sing R Kelly's "I believe I can fly" while stepping off the roof.

Guest Jamster26

Yeah, Z-Keys. Trouble is I'm skint. So, I'm having to do loads of Alliance Battles.

One profession which I really want to get to grips with, is the mesmer. They've always interested me, but I've never been able to use one to good effect.

Things like using their own skills against them, backfire etc

Probably, because my timing is way off.

Mesmers....are best played by heroes or people who have uber-leet twitch skills. Also, if you're just going for 30/50, forget the pvp title....

Is it bad that there is a GW2 stress test tonight, and I've already logged off because I can't be bothered? Game is fun, but no ****ing people at all, and it's much, much better with people.

Guest Jamster26

Indeed it is. I could go through a whole campaign with other people but I struggle to motivate myself; to do one mission on my own.

Guild Wars is an old game though, many people have left.

• 2 weeks later...