Fan Clubs | beta

Most overrated game ever??

King

Guest 3BigDen
Please don't shoot me' date=' but Skyrim. I prefer the original. Something is missing.[/quote']

Skyrim was great. Oblivion was excellent. Skyrim has alot of issues with redundancy, I feel if you do 4 quests, you've done all. If they put all those pc mods on the Xbox 360, I might then have to pick it back up. Dawngaurd is not tickling me the right way.. I'd rather die on dark souls!

Edited by 3BigDen

Guest 3BigDen
But I don't think skyrim is overrated. There are company's that will never make a bad game in my eyes, such as; bungie, valve, Bethesda, bio-ware, popcap, rockstar, etc.

Guest Ruderz
I wasn't comparing them DC, i was just telling the story about the lead up to me playing it. Obviously COD will be better than Halo because its newer, but i dont think Halo is anything to rave about, i do like the Ghost Recon series though.

I disagree totally. Sure, newer games will look much more stunning graphically and better engines and such but I feel that the first ever Halo was better than any COD games after COD: MW. The story was and still is immense in my opinion, the gameplay was brilliant, amazing campaign as well as fun multiplayer. Each to their own I suppose.

THIS. Times a gajillion. F*ck C.O.D and f*ck you for buying into the hype machine year upon year, you sheep.

Also Halo multiplayer is gold. Well, Halo 3 and Halo Reach anyway. Customizable gametypes that don't just rely on the usual crap that's done to death are the greatest. If you see Reno, Kaiser Wiggly, Rudie, etc around ask them just how fun Halo multiplayer is.

I do like COD, but it's very overrated. Only good for one or two playthroughs, then everything gets boring (unlike in older games such as Halo, I reckon).

Also, Halo 3 and Halo Reach's multiplayer was awesome. We all had great laughs and spent hours at a time just mucking around fighting each other, going into pink teams, fighting and betraying and teaming up with people who just joined our game randomly, was amazing.

Chris, we should try Halo Horse sometime. Also an excuse to play with my favourite close-to-brummy-but-not-actually-brummy fella.

I'd be up for this. We should organise it I think, would be real good fun.

I can agree with Halo, played Halo 2 at Uni and after I finished it was left feeling pretty empty, not like most games I've enjoyed.

however, my all time over-rated game ever is Black Ops. I still play it because I'm on like prestige 14 or something and know all the levels pretty well, so it's familiar, but Goddamn it's absolutely littered with flaws and errors. To say it's reputation is built on multi-player it's damn near unplayable some days. I really like the way it's set ou - the customisation, upgrades, level system, it's just the connection to the server is so poor you never know whether you're going to get a good game or not. One game I'll be getting 50 odd kills and 20 deaths, then the very next map I'll barely hit double figures in my kills and be annihilated around every corner. Frustrating isn't the word.

I loved the game and it's great but L.A. Noire was and is massively overrated

I bought this last year for the PS3 and have never played it. Not sure what happened; one day I was absolutely ramped up to play it, I bought it, and earmarked the following weekend to play it, then I had to change my plans and never played it, then all of a sudden I lost all will to play it.

As for most overhyped, I don't really play many games these days, but I do remember Ecco The Dolphin coming out to incredible hype, and then being a let down. Similarly ToeJam & Earl; safe as f*ck soundtrack but a terrible game.

My pick has to go to Turok on the XBox. Hyped beyond belief, and was an absolute dog's dinner of a game.

Cheers!

I dont know about overrated, because I dont know if it was ever rated, but Duke Nukem: forever was a massive letdown. I dont know what I was expecting after 14 years, obviously it was never going to be a masterpiece, but it was such a hash of different game types it was rubbish. horribly long loading times, followed by 5 minutes of gameplay, then horribly long loading times again. You sent the first hour of the game without a gun, how shit is that!

I'm agreeing with Fallout 3. The premise was great, the start was great, the graphics were great... then you tried to do anything or worth and y'know, not get killed and the combat system was utterly horrendous. I mean unplayable horrendous. I hated it with a passion and it stopped me playing it.