Fan Clubs | beta

Upcoming Video Game Purchasing

Guest 3BigDen

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just got my Xbox (well back from my ex at cost :P) but since I didn't have Gold on it like when I had it before, I really ain;t paying to play online when I have a PS3 that I can do that on should I want to.

Guest The Beltster
I'm not entirely sure why everybody seems to think that getting your XBox flashed means you cant play online anymore. It doesnt work like that. You only get banned if you get sloppy. Getting it flashed doesnt mean automatic ban. So yes, paying £40 for a new game instead of £0 - 5 is retarded if thats your main reason. And worst case scenario you do get banned, you get 2 XBox's, keep one for flashed games and keep one to buy the originals that you really feel the need to log on and play online with against all the spackers and dick heads on XBox Live. I'm sure people dont play every single game they get online right? Have your online priority games as originals and all the other stuff use on your flashed unit on the cheap.

I'm not entirely sure why everybody seems to think that getting your XBox flashed means you cant play online anymore. It doesnt work like that. You only get banned if you get sloppy. Getting it flashed doesnt mean automatic ban. So yes, paying £40 for a new game instead of £0 - 5 is retarded if thats your main reason. And worst case scenario you do get banned, you get 2 XBox's, keep one for flashed games and keep one to buy the originals that you really feel the need to log on and play online with against all the spackers and dick heads on XBox Live. I'm sure people dont play every single game they get online right? Have your online priority games as originals and all the other stuff use on your flashed unit on the cheap.

1. I can't afford to just go out and buy another xbox if I do get banned.

2. If a game has online capabilities, then I at least try it out. So yes, I do play every game online (where possible).

I hardly ever pay full price for a game when it's first released anyways, I either get discounts from friends still working at Game or the dude on my local market stall, or I wait a while until it's more affordable. The ones I do get on release date are usually the ones where they're more inclined to ban you if they catch you playing a flashed version online. I get what you mean about being sloppy, like those divs who get CoD a couple of days early and can't wait a couple of days to play it online. But I'm not one of those divs.

Don't get me wrong, if I was the kind of person who went all "achievement wh*re" and rented games just to bump up my gamerscore, then yeah, flashing might be worthwhile, but as it stands there's not a huge amount of games I'm actually willing to pay full price for, so I'm fine as is.

Guest The Beltster
1. I can't afford to just go out and buy another xbox if I do get banned.
Just for the sake of argument (:lol) you can pick up an old 20GB 360 for about £60 now. A brand new release game is what? £40? So put the price of two new games together and that alone pays for an XBox and to get it flashed, then its £5 a game max. So really, the cost of buying two new releases pays for a new unit with flashing and like I said, getting it flashed doesnt mean you are definitely getting banned. Its generally only if you play the game online before the actual release date or dont have your firmware up to date.

Flashing is good for kids (Hmmm...sounds a bit pedo that). My oldest son doesnt play online because I wont let him, but he also has a low attention span and having 2-3 games would mean he'd probably get bored really fast and not use it. So this way, he has all the games on release or early, cheap and he has about 400 games I guess. He can never use the "I'm bored" excuse or I'll whoop his ass!

Edited by The Beltster

It doesn't really have anything to do with firmware being up to date, cause if it isn't it won't allow you to play the game full stop as the dash needs updating or your drive will be re-flashed back to the factory settings.

But if you do care about Live, 2 Xbox's is the way to go.

Guest The Beltster

It does have something to do with the firmware being up to date or at least it did, as thats how I originally got banned in 2008. Things may have changed now, since being banned I no longer care as it makes no difference to me, but in 2008, my firmware wasnt up to scratch and it f*cked me.

Now I just go along easy and whenever my mate Dave tells me I need a new dash update he comes, takes it away, sorts it for the latest releases and I've had no problems.

It does have something to do with the firmware being up to date or at least it did, as thats how I originally got banned in 2008. Things may have changed now, since being banned I no longer care as it makes no difference to me, but in 2008, my firmware wasnt up to scratch and it f*cked me.

Now I just go along easy and whenever my mate Dave tells me I need a new dash update he comes, takes it away, sorts it for the latest releases and I've had no problems.

Nowadays it's all about the burning and if it burns to 100% and if you are using the right drive to burn the DVD's.Oh and the same fools will get banned of they on live before a game is released well if it's a big game like COD or GOW

Flashed? What ever happened to the words hacked or cracked?

The drive gets flashed using the pc and various other things so being pedantic it's not cracked or hacked :lol

Guest 3BigDen
After playing the demo for Transformers war for cybertron I believe it's gonna be above 90 on Meta critic so I'll get it on drop... Ubber excited! Counter strike will also get a good look at.

You mean the same Transformers: War for Cybertron that was released 2 years ago?

Ha, my first thought too. The new game is called Fall of Cybertron.