Fan Clubs | beta

Favourite Movie Sequels

Guest Jamster26

Guest John Hancock
And how was Aliens shit?

As I said; pure horror sequels only. I wouldn't call Aliens a horror film, it was an action film. I would consider the horror sequel to Alien to be Alien 3, which is when the series became a horror series again, and instantly began sucking.

I'm sorry Johnny but Hellraiser 2 (uncut of course) was just as good as the first.

In relation to the first one, which I like an awful lot, I didn't care for it.

The asylum scene alone freaked me out pretty bad when I first saw it. The rest was cheese interlaced with flashes of brutality. The whole autistic puzzle master little girl was a fantastic concept but they didn't quite pull it off.

Halloween: Curse of Michal Myers was a great squeal and easily my favorite besides the original.

Do you think Devil's Rejects was better than House of a Thousand Corpses?

Guest John Hancock

Yeah, the Halloween series had it's up and downs, I wouldn't write it off as a series.

I prefer Thousand Corpses, but, to me, that question is like asking if I would prefer to have syphilis or AIDS. Sure, one's preferable to the other, but I'd be pretty bummed out about either.

Back on topic!!

I always found the Crow sequels to be poor, until number 4 (I think, the one with the dude from Ugly Betty). That one actually worked really well, just a shame it had Kirsten Dunst in it.

Back on topic!!

I always found the Crow sequels to be poor, until number 4 (I think, the one with the dude from Ugly Betty). That one actually worked really well, just a shame it had Kirsten Dunst in it.

EDIT: Yeah that was a pretty good sequel. Shame the next one had Edward Furlong shitting things up. Didn't realize until I looked it up that there's been 5 Crow films (And another one on the way.)

Edited by ViciousPrism

Guest Ciaran The King
And how was Aliens shit?

Who said that?

Not necessarily direct sequels but I personally love the Revenge Trilogy (Park Chan-Wook) the second film in the series Oldboy is a masterpiece

Edited by Ciaran The King

Guest John Hancock
Die Hard; the best action film(s) I've watched. Bruce Willis was amazing in this, especially 4.0. "Damn Hamster!" :lol

So you're the guy who liked Die Hard 4. I heard there was one of you.

EDIT: Yeah that was a pretty good sequel. Shame the next one had Edward Furlong shitting things up. Didn't realize until I looked it up that there's been 5 Crow films (And another one on the way.)

The Crow, The Crow2: City of Angels, The Crow: Salvation, The Crow: Wicked Prayer...5th one? Man I thought the Furlong one was the last one. That was so shit I can't even remember what happens.

If I recall correctly, Furlong & his girlfriend get killed by David Boreanaz, who's looking to become Satan. Yep. (Also I botched the fact that there were 5 Crow films. I should have said, 4 Crow films, one on the way and a TV series. Natch.)

EDIT: OH. And the crow gets injured (BIG SURPRISE!!) Danny Trejo does a Crow dance (!!!) to revive it.

Edited by ViciousPrism

Back on topic!!

That was the third one and it was a nice change of pace from the others (it was good to see The Crow having fun with his powers from the off). Besides, you can't ever totally hate a film that has Fred Ward in it.

I loved all four of the Crow films (the fourth was the poorest of the series, but I still enjoyed it) and the TV series (Stairway to Heaven) was actually pretty decent (it continues the story with Eric Draven).

If I recall correctly, Furlong & his girlfriend get killed by David Boreanaz, who's looking to become Satan. Yep. (Also I botched the fact that there were 5 Crow films. I should have said, 4 Crow films, one on the way and a TV series. Natch.)
There is a new film in the works which will be a reworking of the original story, although it's had a troubled pre-production.

Stephen Norrington (writer), Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (director), Bradley Cooper, Mark Wahlberg, Ryan Gosling and Channing Tatum have all been linked to the film and since left the project (or, in the case of the actors, were never genuinely on board to begin with).

The main issue I have (at present anyway - the film itself could surprise) is that the studio are hoping to drop the gothic stylings of Alex Proyas and "bring it up-to-date for the 21st Century with a realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary style".

I'm not sure how that style would work for a film about a guy who is killed and then brought back to life to avenge his death... but District 9 did a great job in the same vein, so here's hoping they can work some magic.

Hellboy 2 The Golden Army I enjoyed way more than I expected

Hellraiser 2

Phantasm 2

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Rises

Hallowe'en 2

LOTR Two Towers

Terminator 2

Clerks 2

Devil's Rejects

Rocky 2

Rocky 3