Fan Clubs | beta

Favourite Movie Sequels

Guest Jamster26

Guest John Hancock

They're all such cliches, but either Godfather Part Two, The Dark Knight or The Empire Strikes Back for me.

Trying to be a little bit more original, the original Dawn of the Dead, if you count it as a sequel to Night of the Living Dead.

To be honest, I'm not generally a fan of sequels, mostly because I'm not generally a fan of the types of movies that end up getting proper sequels.

IMO The Godfather II is the greatest sequel ever made, others that I love are,

Back to the future part 2

Ghostbusters 2

Rocky II

Clear & Present Danger

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Superman II

The Dark Knight

The Color Of Money

Guest John Hancock
Evil Dead 2

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Die Hard with a Vengeance (if that counts)

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Short Circuit 2

Ip Man 2

Ong Bak 2

Kill Bill Pt. 2 (if that counts)

Rocky 2

Evil Dead 2 is an awesome call. I'd actually take Evil Dead 2 over Dawn of the Dead as the best horror sequel, because it's one of those super-rare sequels that's actually better than the original.

To put some other less common ones out there, X-Men 2 was better than X-Men 1, and Toy Story 2 was just as good as Toy Story 1 (even though it's so sad that I honestly can't watch it).

Is there a case to be made that Silence of the Lambs was the sequel to Manhunter?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Short Circuit 2

Hell yes. These.

Add to that both Back To The Future sequels, most of Ghostbusters II (not the scenes with Janosz with eye lights or dressed as a baby stealing Nanny ghost), Return Of The King was my fave LOTR film.

In regards to Superman films, Superman 2 was as good as the original, and Superman Returns for me is better than those, but I know I'm in a small amount of people who enjoyed that film as much, but Routhe was excellent as Clark and Supes :)

Apart from those mentioned, I think Blade II was an awesome sequel and A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors was fantastic (and a major improvement over part two).

Lethal Weapon 2, The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear , Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens, Mad Max 2 and Hellraiser II all deserve a mention too.

Well, maybe not, Steve-O was all drugged up and wasted most of the time, in those days.

Steve-O was drugged up from the early Jackasses up until after the end of Wildboyz. It's nice to see him clean, but he was a lot more care-free and daring when he was on drugs, and thusly somewhat more entertaining.

Guest John Hancock
Rec 2

A curse on you!

REC 1 is probably my favourite horror movie of the 21st century, and I thought REC 2 absolutely blew penises.

A good horror movie sequel, PURE horror (so no Evil Dead 2), is an insanely rare thing. The Exorcist, The Blair Witch Project , American Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes, REC, The Amityville Horror, The Ring, Poltergeist, Saw, Hellraiser, Alien; some of the best horror movies ever, all with absolutely terrible sequels, some of which would rank up there with the worst films I've ever seen.

Edited by John Hancock