Fan Clubs | beta

Retro Games

King

Guest Fatherof10minis
Was it this ?

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Football_Manager:_World_Cup_Edition_-_C64

God Micro Machines was great fun, also anyone remember Phantasy Star IV>, that was such a quality RPG.

I remember it was the last great rpg for the 16 bit era right before systems like Sega CD and N64 took off. I have Phantasy Star II III and IV for genesis and all are good quality.

I see Argos are doing the Megadrive with 60 games for €60, that is such a good deal.

That does look cool. Especially because it plays the old cartridges too. Seems like a bargain to me?

Zool on the Amiga. Still miss that game. And Knight Tyme on the Amstrad. And Elite...

Zool, Rainbow Islands, James Pond: Robocod, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Syndicate, Pinball Dreams, Cannon Fodder, soooo many good games on the Amiga. I've still got mine hooked up to the TV upstairs. :D

Edited by dsrchris

I'll occasionally still bust out the SNES emulator, mainly just for Mario but I might play Micro Machines now that it's been mentioned.

I also intend to play through Pokemon Yellow when my pile of work subsides and I have some free time over the holidays.

Guest ElbowDrop
I could play NES and SNES all day long. Big fan of 2D platform games where you just run around and shoot bag guys like in Contra. Mindless fun. But, also love the more strategic franchises like Zelda.

Retro games that I would still rate now include -:

• Speedball II
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Double Dragon
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World
  • Future Cop: LAPD
  • Jungle Strike
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Splatterhouse (arcade)
  • Strider
  • Golden Axe
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1 and 2)
  • RoboCop v Terminator
  • The Terminator (Megadrive)
  • RoboCop (arcade - I still play this game at least once a week)
  • Spider-Man (Megadrive - this was an awesome game that pushed the MD to the limit)
  • X-Men (Megadrive)
  • Paperboy
  • Quackshot
  • Toe-Jam & Earl
  • Chase HQ
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Judge Dredd (Megadrive)
  • Road Rash II
  • Out Run
  • Dan Dare
  • Batman (Megadrive)
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Eternal Champions
  • Treasure Island Dizzy
  • Flashback
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2
  • All Japan Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua
  • Sega Worldwide Soccer '98
  • Fighting Vipers
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga (one of the best games no-one has ever played; the Ico of it's day if you will...)
  • Super Streetfighter II
  • After Burner II
  • Sega Rally (Saturn)
  • Resident Evil 2

OK, there was more than I originally thought there was going to be.

I can remember having a Commodore 16 and then an Amstrad CPC464 (with colour monitor), as well as the obligatory Atari 2600, but the first time I really got into gaming and requested something was the Master System II (and I can still remember the joy of finally getting Snail Maze to load up) and I stuck with Sega by getting a Megadrive II and then a Sega Saturn on the first week of release.

The Saturn was, in my opinion, unfairly maligned as it had some great games, but due to hard-to-deal-with technology (according to the magazines of the time), it didn't have much in the way of support. When I bought the Saturn, I also had a PlayStation and an N64. I then moved on to the PS2 and the Gamecube, with the Dreamcast not even getting a look in.

Guest Anime Otaku
If I had the space and cash I'd love to have a bunch of old consoles, as it is iOS is pretty good for some retro games like Monkey Island, Civilization, Baldur's Gate and GTA 3 and they usually cost at most £5.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Horowitz

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/BUTROSI/setup_zps0440f849.jpg

Got this set up in my mans room. Some consoles/handhelds missing. Got addicted to collecting a while back.

Selling amiga and atari though, no room for em.

Guest Horowitz

I'm not too familiar with it, is it legal?

As in legal with microsoft/can you be blocked or anything?

I don't give a shit about the legality like.

• 1 month later...
Guest arnandtully
ive got a modded original xbox with emulators for loads of systems. Megadrive was an awesome machine and Golden Axe will always be one of my favourite games, along with Streets of Rage 2. The Neo Geo emulator is also great, and the arcade emulator with WWF Superstars and Wrestlefest brings back great memories!