Fan Clubs (beta)

Ravens vs. 49ers and...Go!

Guest Fatherof10minis

Guest Fatherof10minis
Just wondering who is placing what on the line this coming Superbowl. Who you guys pickin and why? For me personally I feel Baltimore is just destined to win. They weren't supposed to beat Denver and yet they did, then they went into foxborough, where Tom Brady has been spectacular and beat the Patriots down (Love to watch Bellichick go down in defeat). Not to forget, the farewell tour of Ray Lewis, one of the greatest of all time IMO, seems to have the Ravens playing at another level.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my trip to America last Summer i saw 2 Football stadiums. M&T Bank Stadium and Candlestick Park, coincidence well yes very likely.

I'm pulling for the 49's on the basis that i actually stopped in San Francisco rather than drove past Baltimore, i also had a 49's jersey when i was a kid i used it as pajamas.

Don't let my lack of any knowledge fool you, i will be watching the Superbowl for what is now my 5th straight year and this year i intend to make my very own Guacamole and drink Lite beer.

Guest John Hancock

Oooh, eating is going to be something I'll have to think about. Normally, I theme my snacks to whoever I'm supporting. Last year was the Giants, of course, so we had hot dogs, and bruschetta, and bagels, and pickles, and canolli, and Sicilian lemonade and Italian beer, when it was Saints/Colts two years before that, we went with shrimp po' boys, sweet potato fries, corn bread, coleslaw and French beer.

Considering I'm supporting Baltimore, I will having the traditional Maryland meal of steamed crab legs and crack cocaine.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Going more traditional holiday type food this year. Bought me a 20 pound turkey to smoke up, mashed potatoes, pasta salad, shrimp platter, and a meat/cheese/cracker getup that my wife whips up. She usually makes some football related design for chips/salsa/cheese as well. She makes a mean 7 layer salsa dip.

We're not making too big of a deal for the Bowl this year so we're just gonna keep it simple. I really don't care for either team but I put some money on the 9ers simply because I can't stand Ray Lewis. We'll probably just have chips 'n dips, wings, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, pizza and bear. The usual really.

The Superbowl, barring a really great game like Pats/Giant, is about the food, drink, and commercials. I always go out of my way to get some tasty microbrews or imported beers for the game and hand make all the appetizers.

Regular games is just a few bags of chips and a 12er of PBR.

i'm on a god damn sleepover shift superbowl night :(! so i'm debating do i stay up for the full 24 hours to watch it and sleep when i'm home or catch the highlights.

i'm torn between who to support, i like the ravens for the whole ray lewis story and for them beating the patriots but at same time part of me wants 49'ers to win as one of my e-fed buddies who passed away last year was a san francisco fan.

I'll be watching with Glee too, it's on Sky1 at 8pm with the Superbowl show starting at 11pm.

I will be supporting the 49ers because I have a 49ers keyring. That and the Ravens are my hated rivals.

What channel are you watching it on UKers? I'm going for BBC with CARLSON~!

Guest Beefhead
I like ray lewis, and I was thinking of rooting for Baltimore, since they beat my colts and my broncs in the playoffs. However I always root for the california teams, unless teyre playing one of my teams, so 9ers it is.

Guest John Hancock

In case my mind wasn't made up already, Chris Culliver's in the press today saying how gay people should be banned from playing for the 49ers. Classy kid that one.

It's made all the better by the fact that Brendon Ayanbadejo is saying he'll dedicate the Ravens' victory to the future of gay marriage if they win, and wrote a letter to the governor of Maryland (or senator, I forget) calling him out for not legalising gay marriage, and the team, and it's owners, all backed him up.

It's a weird f*cking sport when SAN FRANCISCO are the anti-gay rights team.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

The SuperBowl is such a good show, it makes everything seem so important and passionate. This is what the World Cup should feel like.

I went into this final not caring, and now I'm the biggest Ravens fan ever. Got my crab cakes and sweet potato fries at the ready.