Fan Clubs | beta

Is there a new Batman: Arkham game on the way in 2013?

DC

It's going to be interesting to see how many characters they bring in who haven't featured before.

I was also thinking that Calendar Man might be one of the villains from the side-quests that have been mooted.

Perhaps the assassins (or are some simply hired guns?) could be comprised of a number of the following (in alphabetical order as I scroll through Wiki), especially as a few of them have a history in Gotham in either the first or second game -:

Alpha

Bad Samaritan

Bane

Brutale

Clayface

Deacon Blackfire

Deadshot

Deathstroke (OK, he's a given)

Gorilla Boss (for no reason other than sh*ts-n-giggles)

KGBeast

Killer Croc

Lady Shiva

Maxie Zeus

Nyssa Raatko

Onomatopoeia

Prometheus

Ra's al Ghul / Talia al Ghul

Scarecrow

Solomon Grundy (explaining how he ended up under Penguin's "care")

Tally Man

Two-Face

The Ventriloquist

Wrath

Zeiss

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Don't they say in Arkham City that Penguin found Solomon Grundy under the museum of or something like that? I don't think they'll use Clayface or Killer Croc because of how they've previously sort of gone to town with them.

They like to get a woman in there, so I think either Lady Shiva or Talia Al-Ghul is a given, and the Ventriloquist has a chance because of his Mafia connections.

They'll probably throw in someone boring like Mr. Zsasz.

I don't think Zsasz will be one of the assassins simply due to his MO and the way he's been portrayed in the games so far. Although, a failed attempt to kill Batman could explain his obsession with getting that last tally mark on his forehead.

Hopefully we will get some characters who haven't been featured yet, but have been mentioned in the game (all the clues in Arkham Asylum means that we do know of characters who exist in this universe and haven't been used yet.

Guest John Hancock
I agree, I'd love as many new characters as possible. Half the fun or these games is marking out, as a comics fan, when you recognise a new guy. The moment you notice you're fighting the Mad Hatter was a huge one for me in City, whilst, in Asylum, it was, obviously, the subtle introduction to The Scarecrow.

He'd be tricky, but I could also see a him being a great villain / assassin due to his ability to mimic sounds. It could be used as a way to keep Batman on edge if the sound effects are utilised in the right way.

Add in that he is an assassin anyway, and a rather skilled on at that, and you have someone new with a cool never-seen-in-the-series ability to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if collectable figures interest you, J-Rock, but alongside Batman in the first run of Arkham Origins figures is this beauty -:

http://i41.tinypic.com/73paw6.jpg

Edited by DC

Guest John Hancock
I prefer looking at figures than owning them (no where to put them that wouldn't get cluttered), but that sure is pretty.

I was intially a little apprahensive over this title, I guess only because i really did love the first two games in the series so very much.

New team at the helm and the fact that they've gone for a prequel. But I've come to terms with that now so I'm now looking forward to it with some relish. I lsitened to a Games Radar podcast last weekendwith the WB Montreal team on it, these guys sound like really hardcore Batman fans so I'm pretty sure It's in good hands now.

Plus there is the tantilising prospect of Rocksteady being hard at work on a sequel to Arkham City on next gen consoles.

After initial reports had said Kevin Conroy would not be returning to voice Batman (with this being a much younger version), it has now been confirmed that he will be voicing The Dark Knight once more.

EDIT: It gets better; Deathstroke, in some capacity, is going to be a playable character.

Go here for the details.

Edited by DC

could this be a picture of the set-piece in which Roman Sionis permanently becomes Black Mask?;

http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/April/arkham_origins3.jpg

The more I think about this one, the more I think it could be Firefly.

Guest John Hancock

They gave Black Mask the exact voice I give him in my head! This is so great.

Are we assuming that's Deadshot on the bridge?

It is Deadshot on the bridge... and the bomb was inside a Queen Industries case, which means Green Arrow could make an appearance.

For the record, that video has made me super-excited about this game.

Roger Craig Smith has been confirmed as Batman for Origins.

It seems at what Conroy was talking about in Dallas was in fact another future Arkham game.

Joker has also been confirmed for Origins.

I'd imagine Rocksteady have probably got Conroy for a next gen Batman game, which is why they were too busy to knock out Origins. But they probably can't mention anything about that until the main console launch announcements are done?