Fan Clubs | beta

Your Favourite Console?

King

So what was it?

Mine would probably be the PS2, and I preferred the Megadrive over the SNES.Can't fault the Xbox 360 either, quality console especially since it's flashed :lol

So what's yours?

Guest John Hancock

Probably the N64. It's what I grew up with, and it's the console that had all the games that are really a part of my childhood; Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie...

The ending video of Mario 64, and the song of time from Ocarina of Time, on a bad day, can still send my lip a quivering.

Mine is the PS3 60GB with built in (software) PS2 engine, because it basically allows me to have a PS One through PS3 in a single device. Plus, it has Blu Ray and is a very good media streaming device.

Guest Magic

I loved the SNES when I was young, it was my first console so it will always have a place in my heart. No longer have a hard copy, but my emulator is there if I ever fancy going a bit old school.

Of the modern stuff, it's PS3 easily.

I was always a Sega kid growing up, so the Megadrive has a special place in my heart (alongside the Master System II). I also through the Saturn had some great games, but I'd say the PS3 is my favourite console.

All the kids at school used to argue about it, but I was one of the lucky gits who had both so I genuinely couldn't choose!

For all the classics on the Megadrive (Toejam & Earl, Desert Strike, all that kind of stuff) you had stuff like Super Mario World, MarioKart, A Link to the Past, Unirally, and Killer Instinct on the SNES.

Man, it's been years and I still can't come to a decision. I think I'd possibly have to side with the Megadrive, as generally when games were released cross platform the Megadrive version always seemed slightly better? I'm looking at you Earthworm Jim & Aladdin!

I still love the NES, SNES & SEGA Megadrive. I've got the emulators on my laptop and a few games i enjoyed playing to waste a bit of time. As for modern consoles i was a PlayStation guy, no doubt about it, but then it broke and my mate gave me an XBox 360 for a couple of quid and I've never looked back, so much so that i can't use PlayStations anymore because the controllers are far to small for me.

NES games like Gun Smoke, Double Dragon & SEGA games like Jurassic Park will never ever get old for me.

Edited by Ryan

I can remember being so excited when Super Street Fighter II came out on the Megadrive and you had to buy the six-button pad to play it properly.

God yeah me to, that six button pad was great as was SSFII, way better than the SNES version.

That's because Megadrive guys got the Turbo edition instead. Although I remember it being about 75 quid with the controller when it came out. Boggles my mind I used to save all my birthday and christmas money to pay that for a cartridge! :lol