Fan Clubs | beta

Your Favourite Console?

King

N64 for me as well, I still play it quite regularly and it defines most of my early childhood.

The Gamecube was vastly under-rated, there are some seriously good games on it that never get mentioned.

The console I've had most multi-player fun on is the Wii, a 32 race, 4 player Mario Kart Wii is epic on so many levels.

Nowadays I play on my PS3 almost every day so it's probably equal with the N64 representing the adult to my childhood.

My favourite three have to be Xbox (original), Megadrive and PS3, in that order.

I had a NES and my friend had a Megadrive when I was about 11 and we used to play them all the time. Even though I just plain loved my NES I was always more impressed by the 16 BIT Megadrive. Better games, better console all round.

I now own a PS3 and have to echo Etz and say that it's a brilliant overall media device with some cracking games and Blu Ray player.

Overall is the Xbox though. After the NES I was an Amiga and PC person throughout the 90's and early 00's. I liked clicky-mouse games like Champ Man, Settlers, Sim City, Command & Conquer, and the suchlike. I got swept up in the Sony vs Microsoft hype and decided to go Xbox because of Halo and Project Gotham.

Compared to what had come before, the graphics were just extraordinary. The games immersive and brilliant and they just kept coming. I had about 30 in total, including hipster favourite Steel Batallion, with crazy-ass controller.

But for me the Xbox had the best controller ever. Maybe it's because I've got big hands with long fingers (:brows) but the oversize controller with big buttons and odd shape was perfectly contoured.

Cheers!

Yeah, the controller can make a huge difference. XBox controller is weirdly big when you've used variations of the PS controller for 15 years. And I have smallish hands, which doesn't help.

Guest JKcattywampusU

My favorite child hood console game was Mario 3 on NES. Even today I still can get into it. There were so many neat things in that game. Next favorite would be Donkey Kong Country games and Super Mario on SNES. I didn't get to play much with the Sega except for Sonic. Favorite N64 would definatly be Zelda: Ocarina of Time. PS One would be Twisted Metal and Smack Down 2:KYR. Now it is PS3.

The funny thing is my family didn't get a TV untill I was 11. And I didn't own a console untill I was thirteen. Growing up in the 90's I had a PC and that was it. I was a beta tester for Epic Megagames for a while. I tested games like Epic Pinball, Jazz Jackrabbit 1&2, OMF, and Seek and Destroy. I do like the PS controller though.

Guest Fatherof10minis
My favorite console was the Sega Genesis. Loved Sonic as a child and to say the genesis was durable I can say for a fact I burned up 2 PS1s and a PS2 in my time and I still have my original genesis plugged in and playing away.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think the Megadrive was the precursor to the Genesis but I am not positive on that one. I had the rare Sega systems of 32x and Sega CD which were both flops and didn't last long.

Guest Fatherof10minis
One of the best RPGs for its time is still to this day my favorite RPG Phantasy Star 4. Genesis was also my first experience with wrestling video games, still have WWF Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania The Arcade Game.

Now that is a gaming room!!

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c21.0.403.403/p403x403/430646_10151369986826909_2014816839_n.jpg

I've seen the rest of the room, it's vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. To quote John Zandig....... JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS~!

Guest The Beltster
For clarification were the Genesis and the Megadrive the same thing, just different names across the pond, or is there a another Sega system I'm not aware of?
As has been said, different names for the same thing. I guess the same as the SNES over here and wasnt it called the Super Famicom in the US and Japland?