Fan Clubs | beta

What was the toughest game you ever played?

King

After DC posted about the new Flashback game it got me thinking what was the toughest game you ever played?

Did ye ever just throw away a game cause it was just to bloody difficult?

I always thought that the Final Fantasy games were rather difficult, aswell as some of the challenge modes on the Tiger Woods games.

Alot of RPG games are quite hard, or maybe boring, not sure which :lol

Lets hear yours!!

Guest Fatherof10minis
I never could quite grasp Final Fantasy VIII. I flew through FFVII and FFIX on my PS1 but I don't quite know what it was about FFVIII.

Don't play a lot of games these days outside of sports, but I had Crimson Sea on the XBox back in 2002/03 and it was really difficult.

I'm not sure if it was a well-known title or not. Made by Koei and animated in a gorgeously smooth Manga style. I'm not sure what the objective of the game was but basically you had a sword, and you could collect the occasional lazer gun. You had to play as the main character, but the game gave you a couple of sidekicks which AI controlled 100%...

...and basically you just had to defeat swarm after swarm of locust-y things. Locusts, probably.

Seriously though. Swarms. Swarms and swarms. Constant swarms of locusts flying about. Hundreds of thousands. Non stop.

Level one would be "walk to a room and fight off 40 minutes worth of swarms of locusts". Once you've done that you move to level two, which would be "ok, walk to a room and fight off 40 minutes worth of swarms of locusts". Once you've done level two you move on to level three, which basically consisted of "walk to a room and fight off 40 minutes worth of swarms of locusts".

My thumbs gave way about 10 minutes in to level three. Every time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Sea

Fantastic game though. Gorgeous graphics :).

Cheers!

Guest Ravenmark
Ninja Turtles on the NES. Hardest game I've played ever. Still not been able to complete on emulators to this day.

Guest Ravenmark
Dragons Lair on the NES = 100% impossible. The first screen is almost impossible to get past, the second screen is a deathtrap, and I never made it any further than that.

I think I had this on the SNES, not on the NES - but it was equally as difficult :(

Dragon's Lair arcade was LEGIT! I remember when we got that machine at my local arcade. It had a crows of around a dozen kids watching the teenagers play it. It even had a police light on top of the cabinet. Like it needed anything else to attract attention. I dumped so much of my allowance money into that thing and eventually beat it. Space Ace on the other hand was frustratingly difficult.

Guest Edgehead
Micro Machines on the megadrive cost me a controller as I literally exploded one against the wall after several hours of not getting past one level.

I've done that to an Xbox controller. On Saints Row 1 theres a mission towards the end where you have to kill someone and then you get a high wanted level & you have to get to the pay & spray thing. After literally dozens of failed attempts I got killed right next to the pay & spray. I slammed the controller on the floor, it bounced almost as high as the ceiling & landed in several pieces :lol

I ruined at least 3 PS2 controllers on GTA and FFX. Somewhere in our garage is an old wooden chest of draws that has repeated crescent shaped dents in it from the bottom of the controller meeting it at speed. Now that I play PC games I just swear loudly as fuxing up your keyboard or mouse is much more of a pain! :)

Guest Fatherof10minis

I used to drive my friends crazy trying to get them to sit with me and get through 99 levels of Gauntlet on NES. Never did quite make it.

Another NES game that me and my dad used to play as a tradition at our cottage when it was a rainout and we were stuck indoors was Rad Racer. Never was able to master the last course. Argh gonna dig the old NES out of the attic now.

Micro Machines on the megadrive cost me a controller as I literally exploded one against the wall after several hours of not getting past one level.

Ditto!!

That breakfast table level was just insane.