Fan Clubs | beta

X-Box One

King

Some news over the last few days on the new Xbox

Xbox 720 'to be released early November, launch with two price models'

Microsoft will launch the system in early November with two pricing models.

One will be a standalone version for $499 (£323), while the other is a $299 (£193) version that requires the consumer to sign up to a two-year Xbox Live Gold subscription.

The system will be based on the "core" version of Windows 8, allowing similar apps that run on the PC operating system to appear on the console.

Thurrott also confirmed previous reports that the new Xbox would support Blu-ray, and that while it must be online to use, it "isn't as Draconian as many seem to believe"

Windows 8 is rubbish and it must be online to use, no thanks Micro$oft.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly my xbox is always online anyway, so that isn't a problem, but f*ck having a console based around Windows 8. Jeeeesus.

In fact, the next company who's gonna get my console money is the one who finally releases something with the ability to play .mkv files. Until then I'm not interested in either the Xbox or the PS4.

Guest Jayfunk
Some news over the last few days on the new Xbox

Windows 8 is rubbish and it must be online to use, no thanks Micro$oft.

Windows 8 is a head of the game not rubbish, in a few years no new laptop will have a mouse it will be touch screen which W8 is perfect for

Windows 8 is a head of the game not rubbish, in a few years no new laptop will have a mouse it will be touch screen which W8 is perfect for

I think you must be the only person who thinks Windows 8 is good.

Guest Anime Otaku
Don't know anything about Windows 8 but I'd imagine a console would be less prone to having issues due to being standardised hardware with only small changes between models. As for he always oline, yeah not an issue for me either.

Admittedly Jay's not wrong, Windows 8 is all about the touchscreen interface. I can also see how that will tie in with the Kinect 2 hardware, but I still maintain that I don't like Windows 8 and I REAAALLY don't want my xbox dashboard to turn into that bloody live squares stuff. It's annoying enough the way it is currently, with loads of stuff tucked away behind menu after menu.

Guest Jamster26
I don't understand, what does windows 8 have to do with the x-box? I get that it has to be connected to the internet at all times which is just about do-able, but why windows 8?

Both made by Microsoft, and Microsoft are shoehorning it into every bit of kit they're releasing at the moment.

They've got Windows 8 on PCs, they've based their Windows Phone OS around it, and now the OS for the new Xbox is gonna be based on it too.

I can eventually see controllers being phased out and everything will be touch screen.

I dunno, as long as they continue to make FPS games then I reckon there'll always be players out there who want a control pad in their hands instead of flapping their arms about like a spaz. :lol

Both made by Microsoft, and Microsoft are shoehorning it into every bit of kit they're releasing at the moment.

They've got Windows 8 on PCs, they've based their Windows Phone OS around it, and now the OS for the new Xbox is gonna be based on it too.

As opposed to just looking like it, which it does now and it's horrible. (off topic: LOL at them shutting down Inside Xbox, and replacing them with the very people they shitcanned.)

Guest Edgehead
I dunno, as long as they continue to make FPS games then I reckon there'll always be players out there who want a control pad in their hands instead of flapping their arms about like a spaz. :lol

Yeah I reckon there'll always be games that need a controller but this touch screen stuff is without a doubt gonna get much more widespread over the next few years