Fan Clubs | beta

X-Box One

King

Guest Ruderz

If this is what I have to look forward to in the future generations of gaming, I think I'm going to start stockpiling on PS2/PS3/Xbox/Xbox 360 games while I can. If I want to watch TV, I'll go watch actual TV. If I want to play a game, I'll turn on my Xbox. Heavily disappointed.

EDIT: And it's not backwards compatible with the 360? F*ck that.

Edited by Ruderz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "compatible with Live TV", what they actually mean is it has a HDMI in port to run your TV service through instead of running it directly into your TV. So to watch live TV on your Xbox One, it looks like you just run your Sky/Virgin/BT box into the Xbox.

That's not watching Live TV on your Xbox. That's just adding in a pointless step when connecting your wires up.

Yeah, unless there's some amazing games to be unleashed at E3, then I'm happy to wait until the price crashes on these.

Lack of backwards compatability for me is the biggest negative in consoles today, there's really no excuse for it whatsoever other than greed on the part of the companies. Nintendo are the perfect example of a company that manage to make new consoles that link to the old ones, not just in games but accessories as well. The only time they haven't is the N64 era but with such a drastic change in format it's understandable.

When I bought my PS3 and found out it couldn't play PS2 games I was beyond pissed off, and I believe the PS4 is going to be the same thing for PS3 games.

I wonder if they're desperately gonna work on some kind of emulation software like they did for the 360 to play older games?

I mean it was bullsh*t, and it wouldn't let you play most of the cooler old games (because they want you to pay for that), but at least it was better than "Want to play your old games? Well you can't. At all. Ever. Lol."

To be honest if Steam of Android manage to get either the Steam Box or the Ouya together anytime soon, I'm more inclined to buy one of those instead.

Here's the next little obstacle:

Xbox One will require an internet connection once a day.

While Microsoft's next-generation console will not need an always-on internet connection as previously rumoured, it will only function offline for a limited time.

"There are many devices in your life that require the internet to function," Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison told Kotaku.

"Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our internet.

"That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed [yesterday]. But it doesn't require it to be online all the time."

When asked what the upper limit the console could be disconnected for would be, Harrison said: "I believe it's 24 hours."

Xbox One will not function without Kinect attached.

-DigitalSpy

I may now be being thick, but how can you play a game that requires you to be attached to an X-Box Live Account without being on the internet?

Also, in all this pre-owned game furore, I've been completely oblivious to the insanity of the name. How can you call your third console "One"?

Edited by Chris2K

I love how everyone's getting their hair off about the Xbox, when I'm starting to think a lot of the same things could be present on the PS4 too. Now Xbox have had the balls to announce their clampdown on preowned (which, remember, Sony thought of first, and just chose not to implement it for fear of a HUGE backlash) it wouldn't surprise me to see Sony follow suit, because hey, it's all about the money to be made, right?

The way it's going, I can honestly see me not wanting either of the main consoles for the next gen. I'm off to play minecraft and a copy of Naruto which I LENT FROM A FRIEND.

M$ are getting hammered!!

Microsoft has issued an official statement regarding the Xbox One’s handling of used games in the wake of recent speculation. According to the company, “Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete.” Support for trading in and selling games was reconfirmed, but exact details were not shared. More information is coming “in the near future.”

The statement reads:

“The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

Guest The Beltster
Because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
Nobody? Anybody? Somebody has to?

Pffffttttttthaha :)