Fan Clubs | beta

X-Box One

King

Guest Jayfunk
The day they get rid of controllers is the day I stop playing games.

Agreed if i want to move about playing FIFA i would play football i would rather sit in my boxers with a beer in hand playing the might game

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

Touch screen is alright for novelty games like Angry Birds and shit on the iPad, and it works great for classic point and click games, but I've never had fun ever once playing any Kinect crap. First off, I dont want to sweat and have a heart attack playing a game, so f*ck that.

Controllers will always be needed.

You'll never get rid of mouse/keyboard until you can start controlling everything using your mind. Every serious IT professional is going to be hanging on to Windows 7 just like they hung on XP in the hope that Microsoft release Windows 9 and make it more workstation friendly.

Touchscreen is exactly the same as 3d or motion controllers, it's a novelty. It's neither precise enough or user friendly enough to replace keyboard and mouse as the optimum way of controlling a computer. Can you imagine sitting in front of a monitor at work and having to to be typing out emails by pressing the screen? Yeah right...

There's probably ways you could drive your car without a steering wheel or pedals but until the alternative is actually better then it won't change. Windows 8 will be Vista all over again and then we'll get the release that allows users to choose between touchscreen defaults and traditional imports and everyone will be happy again.

• 4 weeks later...

New Xbox is called Xbox One. Has 8 cores. 500gb storage. Etc. Looks like an overblown Wii. Comes bundled with Kinect out of the box for "revolutionary functionality" blah blah, buzzwords. First half hour or so was for TV. No shit. TV. Also apparently the console will have it's own Game Recording technology (Hi Sony!) to share footage.

This feels cold. Sterile. Where's the hot?

So the preowned games thing appears to be a lot of conjecture at the moment, with a bunch of websites reporting you can't play games another player has installed, with others reporting you'll be able to pay an undisclosed fee or annual subscription to unlock previously installed games. Apparently Xbox are making some kind of announcement regarding it tomorrow, so anything released at the moment is just people grabbing the wrong end of a stick.

For the time being.

Just moronic from Microsoft. I'm sure these kind of questions will be answered in due time, but if a game gets tied to a specific X-Box Live Account then how does it work when two people live together with different X-Box accounts for the same X-Box, do they have to buy a copy of the game each?

You have to do something pretty spectacularly bad to have a big launch event for your new console and have your stock price fall the next day (down 0.66%), I just hope Sony don't announce something as stupid themselves in a few weeks.