Fan Clubs | beta

Football Manager

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26

Anyone play this? Where's everyone up to with their save currently?

I've bought each new release of the game since 2010, and I absolutely love it. I think 2013's is naturally the best one yet. Not allot of difference in terms of the game-play per-se, but the navigation is greatly improved and plus, I don't think it's as "easy" as games of the franchise gone by.

Well I started as Bolton, target was promotion. My only signing was Craig Eastmond from Arsenal on a loan deal. Mainly due to the fact that there was sod all money to barter with, and we were already over the maximum wage expenditure so I had to sell Chung-Yong Lee to Everton for £6m. I thought that was a pretty good deal, however I had no time to bring in a replacement, but no big deal, I felt had good cover on the right in the names of Eagles and N'gog. (Yes, N'gog!).

The season did not go to plan at all though. I lost my first four matches including a spectacular drubbing at the hands of our rival, Blackburn, which the fans obviously loved, and the pressure was on straight away. (On a seperate point, I like how if your first job in management, is at the top end of the leagues (Premiership / Championship), the board, and to a larger extent the fans are more demanding for results, as the fans didn't want me as the manager in the first place!.

So yeah, I was on a horrible run, I then was knocked out of the Capital One cup by Bristol City and then the pressure was really on. In the end, after 10 games, seven losses, 2 draws, and one win, I was relieved of my duties as Bolton Wanderers Manager.

Now, I'm the new manager of Bristol City, the expectations are allot more "secure" (fight bravely against relegation),and we've won our first two games against Leeds United and Bolton (ha!), so looking good at the moment. (Marlon Harwood is my key man!).

So where's everyone up to with their save?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Magic

I've had every Championship/Football manager since about 2001. Every year I moan about the new version when it comes out, and then by about two weeks it seems perfect. Currently in my third season with Spurs, after winning the league in both seasons so far, but no cups sadly. It's really easy to win the league with them, and they always get a boat load of cash. Lewendowski has been a monster for me.

Looks like I might come second to City this year though.

I last got a PC version of FM back in 2008, ever since they started getting paranoid about piracy and making Steam a necessity to download it.

On the other hand I loved FM Handheld on my Android, it harkens back to the old days of Champ Man (97/98 is one of my favourite ever games) and I managed to get Salisbury City from the Blue Square South to the Championship with four consecutive promotions. I haven't played in over three months for fear of jinxing my most successful ever game.

I've bought it/Championship every year since about 1998. Ever year I go Hearts and play it for about ten seasons,pretty sure I have a total play time of like 170 hours for this years. Yeah Ryan what are you on about? Chris I agree 97/98 was the best with great players like Denilson,Erik Nevland and Ibrahim Bakiyoko who were excellent in the game but amounted to nothing in real life. Edited by GENE

Guest Jayfunk
I actually prefer FIFA MANAGER, much more realistic :).

FIFA MANAGER: Arsenal. Vs. Tottenham Hotspur.

FOOTBALL MANAGER: North London Red Vs. North London White.

isnt that pes?

Last time i played FM, years ago, didn't you have to download patches to have teams realistic names and actual badges, because they didn't have the rights to use them in the game like FIFA does? Last i checked that was the case anyway.

Guest Tink Holloway

Ryan are you sure your not thinking of Pro Evolution Soccer? Which is not a management game?

Every version of Champ/Football Manager since at least 1996 has had real team and player names.

No I'm pretty sure it was a management game, i could be wrong though.

Anyway my point still stands, i just think FIFA Manager is a lot more realistic, easy to get your head around and has some pretty cool features. I haven't bought this years though, so I'll probably wait until the next installment.

Guest Magic

Yeah FM has always been real. In my opinion the most detailed and realistic manager simulation ever, and I'll probably play it for the the rest of my life.

What I like about this year's version is they have made playing online a whole lot easier. Me and my mate have had some absolutely cracking two player network games.

On Chris2k's point about piracy, it's still really easy to crack the game, which I did for a couple of years because I'm a robbing bastard.

Guest Tink Holloway
Yeah FM has always been real. In my opinion the most detailed and realistic manager simulation ever.

I think this is an understatement- it's light years ahead of anything else.

On the flip side that's where it turned me off a bit. Part of the reason 97/98 was so good in my eyes (and the handheld version) is due to it not being as complicated as it is nowadays. I know SI have been trying their best to simplify things but I still don't think I have the time/patience to play the full game these days.