Fan Clubs (beta)

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Kam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it. It is what it is, it's a smaller budget version of the Avengers, crossed with CSI. Take it like that, and it's great. People I saw slagging it off had assumed it was going to be Avengers: The Series.

Plus, COULSON~~~!!!

Guest Anime Otaku
Loved it, dunno what my favourite part was, the extended version of the son of Coul revealing himself, Skye's interrogation or Skye going all fangirly in the diner.

And after the official teaser...

... it seems that Nick Fury could be making a post-credit cameo a la Iron Man. The reason for this is the official teaser ended with a shot of the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo wearing an eye-patch.

• 7 months later...
Guest bigmatt
Agents of Shield gets second series and new spin-off

Despite struggling in the ratings, Marvel's Agents of Shield has been renewed for a second series.

US TV network ABC also ordered a new spin-off show, Marvel's Agent Carter, based on Hayley Atwell's Captain America character.

Both series tie into the Marvel film series, which includes star-studded titles like Iron Man and Thor.

They add background to events on the big screen, providing an overarching story to the so-called Marvel Universe.

Agents Of Shield was created by Joss Whedon, who scripted the Avengers Assemble film, and previously created Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly.

The drama resurrected the character of Agent Coulson, who was killed in Avengers Assemble, with his character's miraculous recovery the central mystery of the opening episodes.

Played by Clark Gregg, the character took charge of a team of law-enforcement agents, tasked with investigating super-human individuals and unusual events.

Eventually, the plot of the series overlapped with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in which the SHIELD organisation was brought down from within.

Hayley Atwell will play Agent Peggy Carter in the Captain America spin-off

When the series debuted in the US in September 2013, it garnered 12.12 million viewers, marking the biggest network drama debut in four years.

Audience figures fell by nearly 4 million between the first and second episode, while figures for recent episodes average 5.5 million.

In the UK, where it is shown on Channel 4, the show's audience has also plummeted - from 4.5 million in September 2013 to 1.1 million last week.

However, the series plays well with young men, a much sought-after demographic with advertisers, and its ratings tend to recover once time-delayed viewing is taken into account.

Agent Carter, which follows the story of secret agent Peggy Carter, is being hailed as a "bridge show", which will be screened during Agents Of Shields' mid-series hiatus.

Meanwhile, Marvel comics is preparing another four series - Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage - via its partnership with Netflix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27338698

The series has actually been really good. I'm expecting it to do better business when the DVD and Blu-Rays are released for it.

Has anyone else been watching this? I thought the tie-in to Winter Soldier was done really well.

I've really enjoyed the show, especially the post Winter Soldier episodes.

I'm glad it's been renewed, but can't help feeling that "the so-called Marvel Universe" is a bit of a dickish thing to say.

EDIT - I forgot to mention it last night, but as well as AoS being renewed, ABC has picked up Agent Carter for a full series after the Marvel One Shot acted as a sort of backdoor pilot.

From Screen Rant -:

Hayley Atwell’s contract with Marvel was extended, and the actress will be starring in this TV adaptation of her character. The burning questions is: What will a Peggy Carter TV show be about? Here’s what we know so far:

• It’s set in 1946, a year after the end of WWII.
  • The show deals with Peggy returning home to world where her sex makes her marginalized in society – especially as a single woman/warrior whose heart is broken by the loss of Steve Rogers.
  • The hook is that Peggy goes to work for SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), running secret missions for Howard Stark – presumably the first threads of what will eventually become S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Showrunners are Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, creators of the late-2000s TV series, Reaper.
  • It’s mentioned that Agent Carter could be used as a bridge gap between the fall and spring halves of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Edited by DC

Guest BeorimJ
i gotta say, i really like the series, even if it has gone different paths than i thought it would.

• 2 months later...

[video=youtube_share;akCVyJ8uziA]

A new character for the series is revealed and this is the third Agent Koenig to be shown, so I'm pretty sure they are either clones or Life-Model Decoys.

Further reveals from the panel confirm that Lance Hunter (director of S.T.R.I.K.E. in the comics), Lucy Lawless will be a SHIELD agent called Isabelle Hartley and some rumours were circling that Skye is actually Jessica Drew.

Edited by DC

• 2 months later...