Fan Clubs (beta)

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Kam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I'm the only person in the world who's hated all the Marvel movies so far, and the trailer doesn't thrill me with it's constant CSI "WE'RE ACTING" quip-ery, but I'll certainly be having a look at this, if only for the "Oh, it's X" factor.

I liked some of 'em enough to watch more than one. Avengers being the main one and that was mostly due to Scarlett Johansson. I've seen Thor a few times too. It was a pretty fun movie but watched mostly for Kat Dennings.

LUKE CAGE, MOTHERF*CKERS!
This may have been premature as reports are online that the producers have stated Richards is not playing Luke Cage (although his Wiki page says he is).

The interview with the producers have not said who he is going to be, but they have made comments that hint to him being an interpretation of a character who is white in the comics (much in the same way Nick Fury was white and then became black).

That throws it wide open, although I'm still hoping he's Luke Cage.

Edited by DC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Beefhead
Now see I have no issue with Dwayne Johnson either he's been in a couple of my favorite movies if the last few years. Don't ****ing cast him as Luke cage though that's shit.

Guest John Hancock
In my harsh, unloving eyes, the involvement of The Rock can be no lamer than all the current Marvel films anyway, so he can fill his boots for all I care.

Guest The Beltster
In my harsh, unloving eyes, the involvement of The Rock can be no lamer than all the current Marvel films anyway, so he can fill his boots for all I care.
Eh?! Marvel films are lame? Shocking words!

Guest John Hancock

Yeah, I know I'm in a minority of one, but I didn't like any of the Iron Mans, Thor, Captain America or The Avengers, and I say that as someone who love, love, LOVES Marvel comic books (although, even in the comics, Iron Man's always been a bit of a d*ck). I've just never liked the whole forced tension, quippy one-liner, everyone's a bit of a smarmy douche stuff. Same reason I REALLY hate CSI, it's just a style that lots of people seem to like that I find really grating and obnoxious.

It's not offensively bad or anything, I don't have anything against it existing (Marvel films that is, CSI should be destroyed from the records of history), it's just not for me.

Guest The Beltster

I've gone the opposite way. I love DC comics, but those Batman movies made me wish comic books didnt exist on this earth. So long and boring. I've really got my fingers crossed with Man of Steel. On the other hand, I like Marvel comics, but not over the top love, but man I loved the Iron Man movies and the Avengers gave me a boner yet to go down.

Thor was alright, Capt America was trash, I quite liked the Spiderman reboot.

• 2 months later...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

[video=youtube_share;yloP5A-o20w]http://youtu.be/yloP5A-o20w

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., or simply Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., is an upcoming American television series created for ABC by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, based on the Marvel Comics organization S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division). The series is produced by ABC Studios, Marvel Television, and Mutant Enemy[2] is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sharing continuity with the films in that franchise. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D revolves around the character of Phil Coulson, with Clark Gregg reprising the role. A pilot, written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and directed by Joss Whedon, was given the green light in late 2012 and filmed in early 2013. The series was officially ordered on May 10, 2013[3] and is scheduled to premiere on September 24, 2013

Just been confirmed that the show will debut in the UK this Autumn on Channel 4!!!