Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Money-in-the-Bank 2013 Discussion Thread - July 14, 2013 from Philadelphia, PA

TPIB

The fourth annual WWE Money-in-the-Bank will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on July 14, 2013 from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-money-in-the-bank-2013-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

Return of Rob Van Dam

WWE Championship:

John Cena © vs. Mark Henry

World Heavyweight Championship:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Dolph Ziggler

Money-in-the-Bank All-Stars Ladder Match:

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam

World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match:

Dean Ambrose vs. Wade Barrett vs. Jack Swagger vs. Fandango vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow

Ryback vs. Chris Jericho

Intercontinental Championship:

Curtis Axel © vs. The Miz

Divas Championship:

AJ Lee © vs. Kaitlyn

WWE Tag Team Championship: Kickoff Match:

Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns © vs. Jimmy & Jey Uso

Edited by Kam

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
No way...RVD to WWE? I wondered why he hadn't appeared on TNA fora few months.

I thought it was because he was sh*t

RVD' date=' his return won't mean anything after a month[/quote']

I thought it was because he was sh*t

Wow, you're quite the downer. Don't rain on the RVD mark parade.

Guest Fatherof10minis
RVD coming back should be nothing but good. Want to see him mix it up with guys like Ambrose, Bryan, Cesaro, Barrett, Sandow.

RVD was up and down for me in TNA, occasionally they'd give him something and I'd be really impressed and then other times the matches felt a little laboured though if you listen to the podcast interview he does explain maybe a good reason why that was.

I'm stoked to see him back in the WWE though, brings something a little different to the mix certainly.

Guest Jamster26
I agree, it gives me another reason to watch WWE. Him having matches with Daniel Bryan, Punk etc could be really entertaining.

Guest Ciaran The King
His best days have come and gone, he'll be good for about a month or two then he will return to being mediocre RVD

Guest Pepsi Twist
Awesome, I love RVD 15 years ago, this'll be great (!) The rest of the show should be awesome though.

Guest Fatherof10minis
So is the plan to place RVD in a MITB match or is he gonna be challenged by someone in the upcoming weeks to a one on one encounter kinda how Jericho called out CM Punk.

Given the current "Paul Heyman guy" angle, I would fully expect to see RVD vs. CM Punk at the pay-per-view. I'm actually hoping for a rivalry between those two, they could really have some epic matches. Even though they will likely go with Punk vs. Lesnar for Money-in-the-Bank, I still think a RVD/Punk feud is in the works.

While I enjoyed how the angle was started, there is no doubt in my mind that Cena/Henry for the title will be abysmal.

Now, I was going to start this discussion in a thread of its own, but it makes more sense to put it here.

Something that has not really been discussed yet is, who is winning the Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Matches this year?

The way I see it, these are the potential Superstars who could be in the matches: Christian, Antonio Cesaro, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Wade Barrett, Curtis Axel, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Big E. Langston, Chris Jericho, Fandango, Rob Van Dam, Ryback, & CM Punk.

As mentioned above, I imagine Punk will have a match with Lesnar at the pay-per-view, but they could go a different direction.

Now, if RVD is in one of the MITB Ladder Matches, then I will pick him as the winner, but I don't see them having Van Dam win the briefcase.

When it comes to the MITB Ladder Match for a shot at the World Heavyweight Title, Big E. Langston seems to make the most sense as it would certainly be a major aid in his planned face turn.

At this point in his career, I could easily see Curtis Axel being given the MITB briefcase, but seeing Jericho win the briefcase would be an interesting way to go, as well. Christian is another guy worth considering.

As is the case every year, the MITB briefcases should go to the young guys who really need a decent push. Rhodes, Sandow, Cesaro, and Fandango (assuming he will be cleared to return by July 14) all fall under this category. I've mentioned it before on Twitter, but I truly believe that Cody Rhodes could be a main event player if they would just push him as a singles star instead of just lumping him and Damien Sandow together to job to Sheamus (which accomplishes nothing, by the way). The match that Rhodes had with Randy Orton about a month or so ago was really a strong showing for Rhodes and it made me realize how much of a shame it is that he is not being pushed more.

My frustration with the direction of Antonio Cesaro is well known, but putting him with Zeb Colter gives me hope that Cesaro will get the push that he truly deserves. I would also not be against seeing Kane get one of the MITB briefcases again.

With that said, I will make my predictions for the MITB winners. For the World Heavyweight Title MITB Ladder Match, I'm picking Big E. Langston. The WWE Title MITB Ladder Match is a bit harder to predict and it really depends on who they decide to put in the match, but I will go ahead and pick Curtis Axel.

Also, I reserve the right to change my picks after WWE announces the participants :lol

Edited by TPIB

Guest Jimmy Redman
Cena and Henry have been dicked around for long enough' date=' they need a PPV main event pronto[/quote']

Much obliged, Double Double E.

Guest Pepsi Twist
I wonder if Dolph will get a MITB again, or if he's going to go straight into title matches? I'd love to see D Bryan win one, as I'm sure would most people, and while I definitely agree that Cody would be a great choice, I don't see that happening. I'd like to see Wade Barrett get a case though!