Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

PlayStation

PS4 Thread

King

This is just a thread for the new Ps4 when it comes out, your thoughts and opinions on it and the games you will be buying.This is not a thread for anti Xbox One comments or anything Xbox related.

PS4 BUNDLES ANNOUNCED

A games console isn't much use without some games to play on it, and with digital downloads hardly being flavour-of the-month you'll probably want a nice shiny disc with your PS4 – and possibly some extra peripherals too. With that in mind, Sony has now announced its official bundle deals, so you can get such additions for a little less.

The first two packs simply bundle a copy of either Killzone Shadow Fall or Watch Dogs with the basic console pack (which includes a single controller). Amazon are selling both of these packs for £389, a saving of £10 off the company's price for the separate items. It's hard to knock these deals, except that you'll have to choose your game well before any reviews become available, though we doubt either of these will be poor and you'll certainly be able to move them along on eBay for what you pay should you feel the need.

The third pack bundles the console with two controllers, PS4 Camera and a copy of Killzone Shadow Fall. At Amazon's own prices these would cost £508 but are discounted here down to £449, a considerable saving of £59. However, to date Sony has done little to talk-up the capabilities, unlike Microsoft with the Kinect. We're not yet aware of Killzone supporting the PS4 Camera in any game-specific ways, and it doesn't have split-screen multiplayer, so your accessories will need other games to play with. In short, unless you're really keen we'd give this larger pack a miss and simply buy more games

PS4 RELEASE DATE AND STOCK

The PS4 release date has now been announced, with the UK and much of Europe receiving the console on the 29th of November, two weeks after the US launch date of November the 15th - the Japanese launch date has surprisingly been set back till February.

PS4 PRICE

The PS4 will cost £349 in the UK, EUR399 in mainland europe and $399 dollars in the US

PS4 SPECS

Here's the official listing of the PS4 specification as it stands

Main Processor:

Single-chip custom processor

CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores

GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

Memory:

GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive:

Built-in 500GB

Size and weight:

305x53x275mm and 2.8kg

Optical Drive (read only):

BD 6xCAV

DVD 8xCAV

I/O and communication:

Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)

AUX

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)

IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output:

HDMI

Digital Output (optical)

• 2 weeks later...
Probably for the best really. I'm not getting a brand new console on day one, ever. Price and the potential bugs that can arise (I'm looking at you PS2 disc tray. Never forget, never forgive.)

Amen to this. At the earliest I'd be buying one this time next year, but I'm more than likely gonna end up waiting for the new PS4 Slim when it's inevitably released and getting one of those instead.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

First PS4 shipments already hit with ruinous console breaking bugs. HDMI socket related. Kotaku got a faulty unit. IGN got a faulty unit. Regular schmucks got faulty units. Better reconsider your orders folks, we still have 2 weeks left.

Also worth considering, the PS4 isn't going to be able to stream media from a DNLA server either. That pretty much kills it for me, since most of what my PS3 is used for is to watch media stored on my computer.

Guest Anime Otaku
Pretty disappointed to hear faulty unit stories already coming out and seeming to be more than one issue, although Sony is saying (pinch of salt time) that the number of units affected is a small percentage of the units they've shipped. As it is, I'll probably wait until the summer price drop and get one for my birthday, especially as there is plenty of life in the 360 left and Watch Dogs has been bumped far out of the launch lineup.

It's not that hard to predict teething issues with the first batch, even if at times they can take time to appear (Hi, RROD! How's the kids?) Plus, things get a lot more unpredictable in this day and age of day-one console updates. The servers stood no chance. They're being hammered harder than Debbie in Dallas.

Guest Frank Botch

First dude to get a PS4

http://i.imgur.com/bFnarXg.gif

I mean, he didn't pull it off but god bless him for trying

http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/banderas.png