Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

PlayStation

PS4 Thread

King

I dunno how it works for PSN games like that, all I know is that you absolutely, definitely will not be able to play any of your PS3 games on it on release.

That they're letting you carry your PSN account across suggests that you should be okay to play things like Journey and other PSN specific games as long as they were bought over PSN, but all I can find is that Sony are looking into using the cloud to allow for some backwards compatibility at some point, but no-one knows when.

A lot of people seem to be making a lot of noise about getting PS4 versions of Journey, Unfinished Swan, Flow, & Flower, so I'd expect them to do something? I'm wondering if they're gonna do the same kind of things as they've got planned with COD and Battlefield 4, where if you've got the PS3 version linked to your PSN account, the PS4 detects it and let's you upgrade to the PS4 version at a reduced rate?

Can you play all your old PS3 stuff you downloaded from PSN like Journey and Flower and all that old stuff?
You can get the PS4 version of Flower for free if you have the PS3 version.

IGN have been raving about how much more detailed Flower is on the new console.

Anybody else manage to get one?

I went to town at 10pm an queued in Tesco behind 10 people, they had signs advertising the stock and we were told they had 40 in non pre orders. 30 minutes later we were told they had given tickets to people in the day who were told not to queue and we wouldn't be getting a console.

Quick trip to ASDA who had 14 consoles, except there queue was 15 customers long, and I was at the back.

Disappointed and hungry I went home, but checked all the local Argos' at 6am for stock. 1!in stock at the Argos closest to me so I reserved it an got it. Forked out an extra 50 quid as it was the Killzone bundle but ah well

They had 50 in stock at the Tesco in Middleton were Becki worked the midnight launch, 38 were taken up by pre-orders and only 9 people turned up to pick them up at midnight.

Seen as your pre-order is valid until Monday, I can see their point in not waiting up in the freezing cold for a console that may or may not work for over £300.

Got it today and loving the graphics pretty simply to manage too

Playstation plus is needed for online play (£40 a year ) but you can buy and rent films which I like. Controls are easy to manage as well.

Battlefield 4 is good so far may see what games they have tomorrow too.

Only battlefield 4, FIFA, injustice gods among us, madden 25 and assassins creed can be transferred from ps3 to ps4 and for limited time too

Killzone is fantastic. I wasn't fussed about having it but as it was with my console. Very happy with it. Resogun is a great little arcade shooter too. May be buying another game today, will see. 400 quid was a lot to stump up.

Haven't tried crossplay with my vita yet but will do later today

• 5 months later...
Guest fattyfudge

If people are still waiting to get a PS4, i'd wait a bit longer... I got it on release and its amazing, but really lacks games (as you could guess from the pretty bland looking release titles). I have Killzone, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed, and ive exhausted them completely, so at the moment i've gone back to my ps3, and my ps4 is sat there gathering dust.

I'd definitely recommend to wait until there is a title that really gets you hyped... Watch Dogs is coming out soon and Evolve and Destiny look decent, so waiting until August time seems like a better idea