Fan Clubs | beta

Which is the best Indiana Jones movie?

Guest The Beltster

See, for me Raiders, Temple, and Last Crusade are untouchable. I love all 3 of them. Only problem is that god awful Crystal Skull bullsh*t.

I think I'd agree with last Crusade being the best one though. Sean Connery being epic, the River Phoenix opening scene, "We called the dog Indiana", all of it is amazing.

Guest The Beltster
Temple of Doom has always and will always be my favourite just because its the most light hearted of the 4, more comical and I grew up on it. Temple of Doom was always the one they'd show at Christmas etc. Raiders and Last Crusade are more serious and probably considered better films, but I have a massive soft spot for Temple of Doom. Love it. I didn't mind Crystal Skull, it was alright.

Temple of Doom will always be my favourite just for "Shrinked Monkey Brains". And "oh no Shabali" something like that when they are lowering her in the fire pit. The other two I love in equal measure. Have not seen Crystal Skull as do not want to ruin my childhood films might watch at a later date.

Hated Crystal Skull. No, that's not fair, I hated it as an Indiana Jones film, as a stand alone it was OK (similar to my thoughts on Terminator Salvation). The other 3 are amazing, its hard to pick a favourite, but if pushed... Raiders.

Raiders of the Lost Ark for me, if only for the fight with the Nazi brute that ends in prop shaft decapitation or when the sword wielding guy shows off to Indy, threatening him with the blade and twirling it around only for Indy to gun him down in one shot.

True story: That was supposed to be a big long fight between the two but Harrison Ford had a bout of Dysentery at the time so they ad-libbed and it stayed in the movie. It was such a great Indy moment that I'm glad it did.

That scene lives on to this day. I work in a storage facility for the Government (sorry, can't be any more specific than that) and if we can't find something, the standard response to the obvious question my boss asks of "Well where is it?" is, "It's being examined by top men...TOP men." :lol

Temple of Doom was the most fun and the one I probably watched the most. Last Crusade has the best overall story. Raiders was the first movie I can remember seeing at the theater so it holds a place in my heart and is my favorite.

Crystal Skulls is an abomination.

On a related note:

Disney secures Indiana Jones future film rights from Paramount

Disney has acquired the rights to any future Indiana Jones films from Paramount Pictures.

Walt Disney Studios confirmed on Friday (December 6) that it now has the rights to market and distribute any upcoming movies from the franchise.

Paramount retains distribution rights for the first four Indiana Jones films, in addition to financially benefiting from any future movies.

The Indiana Jones films have starred Harrison Ford as a globe-trotting adventurer, who frequently thwarts Nazi schemes and foils world domination plots.

Ford said during an appearance on The Graham Norton Show in October that he would jump at the chance to play Indiana Jones again.

"I don't think there is any barrier to Indiana Jones being an old fart," Ford joked. "I'm old enough that we don't need [sean] Connery anymore - I'm old enough to play my own father!"

The last instalment in the franchise - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - was released in 2008, and saw Jones teaming up with his son (Shia LaBeouf) to investigate a mystery of possible extraterrestrial origins.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a box office smash across the globe, but garnered only mixed reviews.

The franchise has proved so popular over the last 30 years that it has spawned a spinoff television series about Indiana Jones's younger years, and a series of Disney theme park rides.

Source: Digital Spy