ICW megathread

The Fury

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dang, what a cracking show! Glasgow was taken over by wrasslin' fans. Points of note for me:

-- Some weird dude in the Solid called me a handsome <really bad word> and spent the next 5 minutes attempting hug Magic and Mrs. Magic (Kayfabe, baby!)

-- Omega managed to clear out the puggy in the Solid too

-- The Barras is an awesome venue

-- Hands down, my favourite wrestling show of the year. From any company.

-- the street wrestling outside was also very entertaining

-- A bar full of people singing along to Mark Henry, Hulk Hogan and Grado themes in quick succession is something you don't get often

The weird fella also called my mate Graeme's choice of tee shirt "f*cking disgraceful" which was pretty hilarious :lol

The show was amazing. Not a bad segment on the card and without spoling much for anyone who might watch online, I marked the f out for some of the more surprising appearances.

I've got ICW On Demand now and can't wait to blast through Fear and Loathing from a fan at home perspective. I've had a quick look at the intro and the venue and production is by far the best I've seen from ICW. They've really pulled out all the stops for this and little things like the bigger stage and ramp and a couple of extra cameras have really made a difference.

The only change I would have made is it should have had 6.30 doors and started half an hour earlier as people were having to leave as the final match was reaching the finish.

Yeah, I was sure the Barras would have had an 11pm curfew. They might need to look into that for BarraMania, especially if they're gonna run a post show Wrestlemania event somewhere else.

Tommy End scares the living bejeebus out of me, I'll openly admit it. Such a good team together, let alone a gimmick. Add in Mikey from time to time and that may just be my new favourite faction in wrestling!

Bugger, Tommy End got a concussion this past weekend and won't be there next week. So no Sumerian Death Squad for me. I'm sad. :sad:

It's not a concussion, he took a huge bump and knocked his spine about. He was hoping he'd still be able to make the shows, but after consulting a physiotherapist he's been told he's got to stay off his feet for the next 10 days, then he's got a bit of rehabbing to do before he can start to wrestle again.

I hope he mends up quick, he's the champion at a show I'm supposed to be commentating on in December. :D

Oh I just read what WXW had to say, something along the lines of a concussion and 2 bruised vertebrae. Still a good card I've got but still a little bummed too. Anyhow, think I may have to make my way down to the 16 Carat Gold Tournament in March to catch a glimpse of Europe's best and maybe a few from Japan and America.

... Oh carry on as you were, this is of course the ICW thread. :D

• 2 months later...