Fan Clubs (beta)

HELP ME!?!?! (music related)

ShaolinHandLock

I'm scared...why you may ask? Well, I think the majority of people on these forums realise that I've got a bias towards any music that isn't rap/hip hop, and that I've been listening to rap exclusively since I was about 10 years old (with the only exceptions being Disturbed's first two albums, Korn's Follow the Leader album and Limp Bizkit before they became unpopular, although Limp Bizkit's vocals are mostly rap anyway. Oh, and Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory was pretty good).

Well, being the morbidly curious person that I am, I remembered someone mentioning Cannibal Corpse in the music club thread, and fully expecting to hate it, I checked it out to satisfy my curiosity. The scary thing is....I like what I heard. This goes against 15 years of musical taste, and it scares me immensely.

So yeah, I don't know what to do about it. :? :(

I'm scared...why you may ask? Well, I think the majority of people on these forums realise that I've got a bias towards any music that isn't rap/hip hop, and that I've been listening to rap exclusively since I was about 10 years old (with the only exceptions being Disturbed's first two albums, Korn's Follow the Leader album and Limp Bizkit before they became unpopular, although Limp Bizkit's vocals are mostly rap anyway. Oh, and Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory was pretty good).

Well, being the morbidly curious person that I am, I remembered someone mentioning Cannibal Corpse in the music club thread, and fully expecting to hate it, I checked it out to satisfy my curiosity. The scary thing is....I like what I heard. This goes against 15 years of musical taste, and it scares me immensely.

So yeah, I don't know what to do about it. :? :(

You can listen to Cannibal Corpse or Boyzone, as long as you enjoy it, who gives a f**k!!

Shao this goes against nothing and certainly not against 15 years of musical taste because what you listen to, what you explore and what you like IS your musical taste. Exploring music and capturing the experience is the best thing about music, there is no rule to like one thing and then having to dislike the other. Take everything what is out there.

Also you make music too and listening to different styles of music can really expand your musicianship by incorporating them.

Also I think I'm having a case of Déjà vu, didn't this happen to you before and you made a thread about it? :lol

Allow a professional.

Chris Barnes was the first lead singer of Cannibal Corpse back when they sounded like this. (1994)

http://i.imgur.com/Q3InS8P.jpg

[video=youtube;fQ9d0G6M2EU]

Due to reasons, Chris Barnes left the band. In stepped George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher who has been with the band ever since.

http://i.imgur.com/aMKxMNb.jpg

[video=youtube;SquIb-7Dg-0]

There is a divide among CC fans on which singer they prefer. I like Fisher but prefer Barnes personally. Barnes went on to form Six Feet Under. If you like Cannibal Corpse then you'll like them too.

I say forget Cannibal Corpse and move straight on to Cerebral Bore. If you like Cannibal Corpse then they're gonna blow your mind.

[video=youtube;ror8YI80L5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ror8YI80L5g&feature=kp

This is their singer

http://i.imgur.com/ROtDw52.jpg?1

Enjoy. :)

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah Shaoster, you need to stop worrying and start checking out more grindcore bands if you like what you hear.

It makes sense because you like rapcore, and grindcore is only a couple of steps away from that, in the same way that nu metal is only a couple steps away from rap, and you like that.

Thanks for all the help. :)

What weirded me out about it mostly is that a lot of non-rap stuff just sounds like noise to me, and for reasons that I can't explain, I can now suddenly hear the actual musical composition in this type of music. It's like a switch flipped in my brain or something.

And I think the reason that it appeals to me is the frantic fast-pace mixed with the growly vocals. I mean, I find ordinary singing, pop music, opera, country etc annoying and I always have, and a lot of the music club stuff people post is far too slow paced for me, and it just ends up annoying me (not to mention the fact that the vocal styles annoy me in those too). Also, it could be the fact that I've been listening to a lot of growly rappers recently, that Cerebral Bore song (which I enjoyed by the way) had growls which reminded me of the growls Bushpig does in his raps.

On a sidenote, I did a bit of research and Cannibal Corpse seem to have a history of controversy due to their lyrics. Why exactly? The growly vocal style isn't exactly clear, and the lyrics are nowhere near as bad as the most graphic rap I've heard (and I'd post a song proving that point, but I don't want to be banned :lol) I find it strange.

Guest dpddave

You're an incredibly weird dude. Why would you be worried about liking a certain song? I hope for your own mental health you've been trolling us all these years in which case bravo sir.

You remind me of the gimmick account "Ahmed something something Dorbish" who used to post here. Funny enough he also had a youtube battle with Matt Denton. Also whoever ran that account (denton) could you bring Ahmed back? He was brilliant.

Edited by dpddave

Chris Barnes was the first lead singer of Cannibal Corpse back when they sounded like this. (1994)

http://i.imgur.com/Q3InS8P.jpg

Due to reasons, Chris Barnes left the band. In stepped George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher who has been with the band ever since.

It's quite obvious that Chris Barnes left the band to carry on his career as Ben Affleck.

You're an incredibly weird dude. Why would you be worried about liking a certain song? I hope for your own mental health you've been trolling us all these years in which case bravo sir.

You remind me of the gimmick account "Ahmed something something Dorbish" who used to post here. Funny enough he also had a youtube battle with Matt Denton. Also whoever ran that account (denton) could you bring Ahmed back? He was brilliant.

It wasn't me.

EDIT: Also, just gonna add that this is the dumbest thread I ever walked into and all I came in for was about Dorbish.

Um, no. I've never once trolled anybody anywhere on the internet.

If this is what I get for posting my honest feelings, I may as well just stop posting altogether.

EDIT: Also, just gonna add that this is the dumbest thread I ever walked into and all I came in for was about Dorbish.

Completely unnecessary. I don't go into your threads calling them dumb.

I've been listening to various random stuff on YouTube, and I have another question to ask....why is it that on just about every YouTube video I stumble across, there are people arguing in the comments that the various subgenres of metal 'aren't music'? And a lot of the people who defend it as music go on to attack other forms of music? And that some of the people who claim it isn't music also claim that it's 'emo teenager music'? Or is all of that just general YouTube comment stupidity that I should ignore?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Think of all the times you've seen dickheads say that rap "isn't even real music".

There are dickheads about everything.