Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network in the UK

Kam

Will you be subscribing to the WWE Network in the UK?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be subscribing to the WWE Network in the UK?

• Yes
    • No
    • Will get it just for the first month / Royal Rumble
    • Already subscribed through another country
    • Undecided

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

ITUNES REVEALS WWE NETWORK UK PRICING

- The WWE App on the UK iTunes Store shows an in-app purchase of a six month auto-renewable subscription for the WWE Network for £39.99, which when worked out per month comes out just a few more extra cents than the $9.99 price point in the United States and everywhere else in the world. There have been a lot of speculation over the past few months whether the United Kingdom will get the normal over-the-top version of the WWE Network like the rest of the world or if they will get a deal similar to Canada on Sky. With iTunes already showing the £39.99 in-app purchase it pretty much confirms that UK fans will get the over-the-top version of the Network and not a traditional television channel, which is obviously the better deal in this case. In Ireland it will cost €54.99 for six months which again is a dollar or so more expensive than the $9.99 a month equivalent. The WWE Network rolls out in the United Kingdom on October 1.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what the plan/hold up is for the network's release in the UK? I feel like I've been waiting forever now then 2 days before October 1st they tell us there will be an 'announcement' on its UK release on November 1st instead. I'd imagine they need to strike up some kind of deal with Sky as they deal with all of their programming here and that's what the hold up is, plus with the PPVs on the network who's going to pay for them on Sky Box Office? It's just frustrating watching Raw every week as they plug stuff like The Monday Night Wars series and not being able to watch it.

The PPVs aren't gonna be on the Network, I'd imagine. WWE are about 6-12 months into a 5 year exclusivity deal with Sky.

At best we'll only get the historic stuff, and maybe we'd get Raw, Smackdown and PPVs about 30 days after they originally air.

You may be better buying a VPN and blagging the U.S. version instead.

Guest FreeSpirit
Haha The UK are probably gonna have some watered down, crappy version of the Network probably as part of a Sky package. They can f*ck right off if they think I will subscribe to that. I'll just keep the US version with my trusted VPN.

Guest HH-Evolution
Yeah, as much as I'd LIKE this...I can't justify subscribing if they're stuck with a sky deal for the next 5 years which hampers PPV watching - I'd just end up watching streams again, which I can do for free without a subscription. Sure, the original programming sounds nice, but it really wouldn't be my primary reason for subscription in the first place - I'll leave this one 'til I see some positive changes for it in future.

Haha The UK are probably gonna have some watered down, crappy version of the Network probably as part of a Sky package. They can f*ck right off if they think I will subscribe to that. I'll just keep the US version with my trusted VPN.

i will do the same if,in Italy,will release the same version

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/available-in-uk-nov-3

Finally! WWE Network available in the UK!

Directly from WWE, WWE Network will be available for FREE starting Monday, Nov. 3 through the end of the month, including Survivor Series, on Web, iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Go to WWE.com on Monday, Nov. 3 at 8:00 p.m. GMT to sign up. WWE Network will be available to you on other platforms, including Xbox One and Xbox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku streaming devices, and select Smart TVs on Tuesday, Nov. 18 in time for Survivor Series so you can watch on your big screen TV.

Beginning in December, WWE Network will be available for US $9.99 per month with no commitment.

Thank you for your patience in awaiting the WWE Network launch.

Guest John Hancock
It would make me really happy to smuggly say "I told you so", but the tragic fact is that everyone sane outside outside of the WWE (so just everyone sane then) knew exactly what was going to happen in terms of subscribers and money. WWE's accounting team got out-predicted by the internet. Shameful.

So, is anyone signing up tonight? I'm actually impressed, supposedly we get the exact same service in the UK as in the US. After all this time thinking they wouldn't be able to get the PPVs on there because of Sky Box Office, I'm actually considering this. I'm definitely gonna at least take them up on getting November for free, and I imagine Survivor Series should be quite good as they'll want to retain as many subscribers as possible.

As much as I've given them stick for the network stuff over the last few months, it looks like WWE are actually giving us a decent version of it here in the UK finally. May as well try it out before they want you to shell out £6.25 a month?

Guest bigmatt
Yes, I definitely will. It's a pretty great deal just for the PPV's alone. Like you said Chris, with their deals with Sky I didn't expect them to offer the full deal to the U.K. I expected it to be £9.99 rather than $9.99 too.

I can't find any confirmation, but for those looking to use it to replace Sky you should bear in mind that the UK Network most likely won't be showing Raw and Smackdown live. We're more than likely going to have the same rules as the US where we'll get Raw and Smackdown on the Network 30 days after they've aired on US television.