Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network in the UK

Kam

Will you be subscribing to the WWE Network in the UK?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be subscribing to the WWE Network in the UK?

• Yes
    • No
    • Will get it just for the first month / Royal Rumble
    • Already subscribed through another country
    • Undecided

I've already got the Xbox app downloaded from last time they were gonna launch. I'm still undecided as to whether to subscribe for a month to the UK one to try it out, or to just VPN up so I can use a bunch of stuff from other countries?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then articles have started to surface about Netflix looking to find ways to ban IP ranges used by VPNs to stop people circumnavigating geolocks. Once they've cracked that, it's only a matter of time before more and more streaming/on demand services start rolling it out too.

I'm super tempted to get the VPN because of lots of other stuff I want to watch/access, not just WWE Network, but I'm also starting to wonder just how long I'll get away with it for before those places get smart and lock me back out again?

But then articles have started to surface about Netflix looking to find ways to ban IP ranges used by VPNs to stop people circumnavigating geolocks. Once they've cracked that, it's only a matter of time before more and more streaming/on demand services start rolling it out too.

I'm super tempted to get the VPN because of lots of other stuff I want to watch/access, not just WWE Network, but I'm also starting to wonder just how long I'll get away with it for before those places get smart and lock me back out again?

And just as fast as they do, someone will circumvent them again. Think bittorrent, for streaming bandwidth. Geolocking is a fundamentally flawed idea. Plus, ultimately, it's not in their interest to do it effectively, because it reduces the number of people paying for their service.

Guest ScottyB

Looking to get this for my gramps. Anyone know what the cheapest device that carry the app for it as I'll need to buy that as well and don't fancy shelling out for apple tv for him.

And can multiple people use one subscription (ala netflix ) at the same time?

Guest bigmatt
And can multiple people use one subscription (ala netflix ) at the same time?

Yes, I believe so. In fact there were lots of stories about multiple (by the 10s) people sharing a subscription and password and WWE not wanting to do anything about it.

Guest Ciaran The King

Yeah I think right now WWE don't care about multiple people using one subscription.

Quite excited about the network to be honest, especially seeing as Sky have upped the PPV's to £20 a go this year

I don't know how reliable it's gonna be for everyone, but loads of people have told me that they've signed up today and they've got the Network up and running early. My buddy at work just showed me his account working perfectly on his phone at break, so I'm guessing we've got lucky (for the time being) and have early access?

I'll be using it to watch NXT tomorrow! :D

EDIT: Just signed up, so it is up and running. Just watching Monday Night Wars...at work. This could get problematic...

From the look of things, you don't get charged until 2 weeks after you sign up, so it looks like I could cancel between now and January 29th without getting charged anything for what I've watched so far. If someone were so minded, they could get the Network to watch the Rumble on the 25th, then cancel it without paying anything.

Just saying.

Edited by dsrchris

Guest The Beltster
Ye should try watching WrestleMania back in the day on SKY 1 :lol
I've still got my original recording of WrestleMania 3 from Sky One, it has adverts for DJ Kat at the end. That show was the shit!

I've still got my original recording of WrestleMania 3 from Sky One, it has adverts for DJ Kat at the end. That show was the shit!
I'm sure I watched WrestleMania VII on Sky Movies.

I've signed up too! Looks good so far.

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

MAIN EVENT PULLED FROM NETWORK SCHEDULE

- There will be no WWE Main Event next week, and probably not even the week after as WWE’s exclusive deal for the show with Sky Sports in the UK will conflict with the WWE Network. In the rest of the world, Main Event airs on the WWE Network but in the UK, Sky has the exclusive rights for it which prevents WWE from showing it on the Network. With WWE unable to block it out in the UK so far, it left the company no choice. The Network officially launches on Monday and no compromise has been reached between WWE and Sky yet which means Main Event will not air for now till something is worked out with Sky. WWE will instead air a Royal Rumble special hosted by Santino Marella in place of Tuesday’s Main Event. The show will be titled Santino's Royal Rumble Lottery Spectacular. We have reached out to our Sky sources for their version of the story but we have not received a reply yet.

Guest The Beltster
Do you have that original on DVD aswell Belts?
I have the original US PPV version on DVD but not the UK broadcast.

I'm sure I watched WrestleMania VII on Sky Movies.
Yep you did. Sky switched all their WWF PPV's to Sky Movies from Sky One in the late 80's and continued showing them on there until Sky Sports was created, then they eventually moved them over to there. I've got a bunch of old PPV's on VHS in my grandparents loft which were on Sky Movies, SummerSlam 90, Survivor Series 90, Royal Rumble 91 etc.