Fan Clubs (beta)

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III *possible spoilers*

Guest John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

Marvel have announced the films that will lead up to Avengers 3 and their particularly suggestive subtitles.

- Captain America 3: Civil War

- Dr. Strange

- Guardians of the Galaxy

- Thor 3: Ragnarok

- Black Panther

- Captain Marvel

- The Inhumans

- Avengers 3: Infinity War Part 1

- Avengers 4: Infinity War Part 2

Edited by John Hancock

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really watch films so I'm pretty much ingrained from what I get from TV shows and video games. DC are so much more prevalent in those areas so that's what I prefer, I do enjoy S.H.I.E.L.D. though even if I don't get all the references from the movies.

DC vs Marvel? Do you have a preference?

There was no official announcement of Cumberbatch as Dr Strange today.

Feige did confirm that Black Panther will be in Civil War though. When asked about a standalone Hulk film he did confirm he will appear elsewhere.

The films announced were all heavily rumoured, the only thing that's caught me unaware was the Avengers 2 parter.

Captain Marvel has me excited.

Guest Yodahew
Maybe marvel have looked at how dc are foing their justice league films and thought that it would work for infinity wars? Either way it looks amaze balls

Captain Marvel.

Which one though, there have been like six versions of him/her and three are female. You have Monica Rambeau, Phyla-Vell and then Carol Danvers who was Ms. Marvel before that. That's just in the main universe of comics, the Ultimate version, which is the Universe the films seem to follow the most, Captain Marvel is Mahr Vehl, also a dude.

But I assume they are going with Danvers because a) blonde with big boobs, b) she is the current version of the role

Funnily enough, Scarlett Johansson would have actually been looks wise pretty much spot on for it as it based on Danvers. Wonder who else they will choose instead?

Ahhh... so they are going with the most recent AND probably trying to counter DC and their Wonder Women solo film - although I hear that this planned at the moment for a 2018 release and WW will be in the next Batman/Superman film in 2016 and then have her own film in 2017, or so DC are planning at the moment.

Still though, who should get the job as Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers?

Ahhh... so they are going with the most recent[...]

No, They're going with the OG.

Still though, who should get the job as Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers?

There can be only one!

http://i.imgur.com/7lVGbGr.jpg

Or, you know.... Emily Blunt... = (

Guest Yodahew

Glad civil war is the plot of cap 3. Hopefully will have RDJ as a co main star with a few other characters jumping from agents of shield to the big screen.

Does anyone think coulsen will return to the big screen?

So when do we think it's happening? Captain America 4, or Avengers 3?

My money's on Avengers 3 - part 1 because of insanely selfish reasons. There are things I need to see happen in that film. We'll get heavy foreshadowing in Avengers 2 and the set up in Cap 3.

Its not a spoiler, that's what happened in one of the comic book stories a billion years ago - it doesn't mean it will actually happen in the MCU at all.

Just like Stark didn't invent Ultron, just like Hank Pym won't be Ant Man, just like Extermis actually infected Iron Man before Piper Pots and didn't actually pan out like the story of Iron Man 3 at all. Just because something happened in the a version of a comic timeline doesn't mean it will happen in the films at all.

Plus nearly anyone who has read a Marvel comic book or has ever shown an interest in them knows that particular story happened at the end of Civil War, its not just a question of when, its also a question of if.