Fan Clubs (beta)

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III *possible spoilers*

Guest John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
Of course its a spoiler, you arent talking about it in a thread specifically about the comics, you're talking about it in a thread dedicated SPECIFICALLY to the movies including movies that havent happened yet and for those of us who havent read the books, thats a ****ing great big asshole of a spoiler. Edited by The Beltster

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? See I don't think that would make sense in the universe the film has already put forward - after all you need a Special ingredient to be up for the job.

Back on topic, why is a certain female character not being included in the Suicide Squad film? Do they hope to give her own stand alone film maybe?

Really? See I don't think that would make sense in the universe the film has already put forward - after all you need a Special ingredient to be up for the job.

It's called being a minority. Besides, Sam is Cap right now on 616 and he's doing a damn fine job. It's not the serum that makes the hero. It's the heart, dedication, and willingness to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. Besides there have been other incarnations of Cap in 616 continuity who haven't had the serum.

Back on topic, why is a certain female character not being included in the Suicide Squad film? Do they hope to give her own stand alone film maybe?

Because she's overrated and too closely associated with another franchise anyway. They still have other movies to do that she could be involved in, don't forget. Also she wasn't an original member anyway so it's not a big deal.

She's not over rated in many peoples opinion, a lot of people were hoping there was a place for her in the new DCCU seen as she wouldn't have fit in her original franchises original work. Its true she wasn't an original member though, she's really only has been in the New 52 I think but then again, she may crop up like you say in another franchise later on down the line.

I agree with what you're saying in terms of the characteristics making a big part of the Cap character (seen as the serum amplifies everything, not just the good hence the Red Skull) but I think it would be better to go with the classic Bucky/Winter Solider redemption story to tie a nice knot in that storyline thread they have pulled already with Cap 1 and 2.

Plus without the serum you get a watered down Cap in terms of abilities and really, who wants that when a pretty kick ass one has already been established in the MCU?

Guest John Hancock

It's like wh*res and nuns in this f*cking thread now. The existence of Harley Quinn is not a spoiler.

Also, she's not in the film because the world isn't ready for white girls at Halloween parties to be that tedious.

Bucky's too much of a maverick. Besides, he's the type of character in the MCU who would say he's not worthy and he'd be right. I'd be willing to wager $1 on Sam as the new Cap and leave Bucky to just continue on as the badass he is, or even become Nomad because why the hell not?

It's like wh*res and nuns in this f*cking thread now.

Throw a shield at 'em.

Edited by Maxximus

It's like wh*res and nuns in this f*cking thread now. The existence of Harley Quinn is not a spoiler.

Also, she's not in the film because the world isn't ready for white girls at Halloween parties to be that tedious.

Her not being in the film sort of is.

Plus if girls want to turn up at Halloween parties dressed as the slutty nurse version of Harley and just not try and do the voice then we might all be okay.

To Maxx

I'd wager a $1 that they don't kill Steve Rogers off at all, but I see you're point on Bucky being a maverick character.

Because there isn't really a thread for the DCCU and the thread was originally split from a thread on both the MCU and the DCCU.

Back onto Phase 3, seen as they have announced Black Panther, along with Captain Marvel who do you think will don the cowl, become T'Challa and take over as leader of Wakanda?

I would have plumped for Idris Elba but he is already involved in the Thor series playing Heimdall so who else is there?

So I wonder if they will cast Captain Marvel and have her in the Civil War film as well, given the nature of the comic it will need to be more of an ensemble effort.

Wonder if they will have Thor do a bunk after The Age of Ultron and do the part of the storyline where Stark and Pym clone him? Or at least Stark unless they use it as a way to introduce Pym before Ant-Man?

*spoiler*

That will never ever happen.

If ANYTHING happens to Thor, they'll bring in the new lady Thor. They didn't debut her on America's most popular women's morning television show(The View) for nothing.

That said, I'm fine with any Pym involvement. I want Pym, Banner, and Stark doing all sorts of crazy science and being science bros.

I can't believe its taking them so long to get Pym involved seen as he such an integral part of the Avengers history and well, the Marvel's universe in general. They need him in there as soon as possible, hopefully like DC alluded to, in Age of Ultron.

As for the Thor deal - I'm not suggesting they kill him or suppose him dead - just unavailable to get to Earth after Avengers 2 and Pym/Stark seeing a change to use him to sway the balance in his favour and clone him. After all RDJ says they are taking the Stark character into the area of one who wants to build 'a fence' to protect the world (hence Ultron) and if he lacks Thor, the only true god they have and a tide turner for the Avengers then he may take steps to provide the earth with that deterrent, hence the clones. Clone Thor and his murder of Goliath as well provide such a vital part of the Civil War story that I'd like them to include it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sparrow

*spoiler*

I don't know about Anthony Mackie but Sebastian Stan is signed up for like a 7 or 9 picture deal which is basically means he is going to be Cap at some point.

Edited by bigmatt

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, another piece of casting has been confirmed as well.

For those that might not know, aside from the DareDevil Netflicks series there is also going to the one called The Defenders, based on the stories of Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones who will all have mini-series first as well to establish their character. Whilst Fist and Cage are yet to be cast they have confirmed that Krysten Ritter will be playing Jones in the series.

Oh, another piece of casting has been confirmed as well.

For those that might not know, aside from the DareDevil Netflicks series there is also going to the one called The Defenders, based on the stories of Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones who will all have mini-series first as well to establish their character. Whilst Fist and Cage are yet to be cast they have confirmed that Krysten Ritter will be playing Jones in the series.

The front-runner for Luke Cage is Mike Colter.