Martial Arts

Random comments and suchlike

The Fury

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that WWE have dropped Talking Smack as a weekly show and will now be only on after a Smackdown PPV. I really enjoyed it as it complemented Smackdown shows.

Even Renee can't understand why they did it according to her tweet last night.- she responded to a tweet sayng "Really disappointed about Talking Smack. We tried to make the show great. Guess I'll go back to welcoming my guest at this time."

Baffling!

Yeah. Daniel Bryan wasn't told about it either. I don't know why they cancelled it. It was such a popular show and I personally enjoyed it. It had a good balance of kayfabe and reality.

You should see the replies to Triple H's latest tweet. It's a ton of "#SaveTalkingSmack".

Did they cancel the Raw show too? If they did, it was probably just to streamline things.

No. RAW Talk didn't get cancelled. RAW Talk is only after RAW pay-per-views and that's what Talking Smack will be for SmackDown moving forward.

I don't know why they cancelled it.
From reports, it was a snap decision by Vince McMahon because he didn't like that it was genuinely unscripted, meaning the talent were speaking for themselves in their own words (he was concerned it would affect the scripted shows should a TS comment contradict something).

From reports, it was a snap decision by Vince McMahon because he didn't like that it was genuinely unscripted, meaning the talent were speaking for themselves in their own words (he was concerned it would affect the scripted shows should a TS comment contradict something).

That begs the question, why was Vince just now concerned about that? The show has been going on for a year.

Also, god forbid talent get to speak for themselves instead of reciting the dribble that Vince and company comes up with.

Also, god forbid talent get to speak for themselves instead of reciting the dribble that Vince and company comes up with.
If it outright contradicts what is happening on the show (or in future episodes for said characters), accidentally (on purpose) mentions a spoiler or has the talent openly dissing their booking, etc, then Vince will rightly feel it's going to be a problem.

If the show was done in the vein of Bring It to the Table (i.e. non-kayfabe), then that would be different, but it's meant to be an extension of Smackdown Live, so I can see his point.

That doesn't mean I'm for the show being cancelled as it was always good value. Perhaps moving it back to being directly after Smackdown and instructing the talent to stray from anything that could be construed as kayfabe-breaking. That or having it aired on a different day and used as a partial-kayfabe interview / recap show.

That begs the question, why was Vince just now concerned about that? The show has been going on for a year.

If that's true - it's typical Vince. Randomly one day, he will decide to do something like when he decided he didn't want to have talent have first names e.g. Neville and Cesaro. Whereas, the previous day he wasn't bothered by it.

If that's true - it's typical Vince. Randomly one day, he will decide to do something like when he decided he didn't want to have talent have first names e.g. Neville and Cesaro. Whereas, the previous day he wasn't bothered by it.
That's the thing though; it's his sandbox and his toys, so he can do what he likes with them in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...
First Dash..now Dawson! :info7:

Gutted for them, apparently Dawson will be back in December. I hope Vince doesn't get in the mindset that they are injury prone and so doesn't push them. They are top quality.

• 2 weeks later...