Fan Clubs (beta)

MLB 2015 (Baseball)

Guest Laffy

Guest Laffy

i thought with pre season stating tomorrow with the Yankees vs Phillies there might be some baseball fans chomping at the bit for a baseball thread. The game can be seen on BT Sports 1 at 11:00pm. I am a massive Yankees fan and hope they do well this season. They do seem to have a lot of injury prone players though this season so i shall wait with baited breath. Come on A-Rod lets get a good season from you.

Who do you support? Will you watch the games or just view the results?

I always try and catch some games but I get fed up of seeing the DirtyYankees. My Astros aren't on TV enough for my liking. We might not suck as much this year!

Going into the post season last year they were my tip to win The Wotkd Series. Ultimately they came runners up to Kansas City in The American League.

I'm a Giants man myself, have been since July 2012 when I took in a game whilst in San Francisco where they beat the Astros 2-1. It was basically Matt Cain appreciation night that evening as he'd pitched a perfect game against the Astros the month before. Turns out I may of been somewhat of a lucky charm for them as they've gone on to win 2 of the 3 World Series since then. This was a side that had only won 1 World Series since the franchise had moved from New York in the mid 50's

I also took in a game at Yankee stadium during opening week last year as the Red Sox easily dispatched the Yankees. A impressive venue that didn't quite have the uniqueness that made me fall in love with AT&T park by the bay.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Laffy
Well the Yankees are doing really well this season not!!! Bottom of the table with a 3-6 win ratio coincidently they have won the matches i did not watch or check on line for results as the games were playing. Wonder if that means anything. Also the sodding Red Sox are top of the league what's happening there FFS.

Guest John Hancock
I guess the closest to Maryland would be the Baltimore Orioles (which is entirely too similar sounding to areolas for my liking)? Don't quote me on it though, I don't have the best knowledge of baseball.

So close to Maryland that they're actually in it.

Yanks or Mets, I switch a bunch, but I'm liking the Yanks more right now, they're a lot more likeable when they're coming off some bad seasons, and the Derek Jeter retirement campaign was really, really good, so they've probably got me until they win it, then it'll be the Mets' turn. Or Blue Jays. or Expos. Preferably the Expos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X03_bNuihLU

Guest John Hancock
Baltimore, perfect! The areolas will now be my team!

Are they any good? :lol:

There's a strong case to be made that, last season, over all, they were the best baseball team on Earth, at least for major chunks of the season. The got sunk by a really wacky freak--run of form from Kansas City, who have no business winning anything ever, least of all because they're from Kansas City.