Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Extreme Rules 2015 Discussion Thread - April 26, 2015 from Chicago, IL (#9)

TPIB

The ninth annual WWE Extreme Rules will come to you, live on the WWE Network and select pay-per-view providers, on April 26 from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL.

The official theme song for WWE Extreme Rules is "Irresistible" by Fall Out Boy, off of their new album "American Beauty American Psycho", which is available now on iTunes.

http://i57.tinypic.com/27wszvb.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Steel Cage Match (with Kane as 'Gatekeeper'): RKO Banned:

Seth Rollins © vs. Randy Orton

United States Championship: Russian Chain Match:

John Cena © vs. Rusev

Last Man Standing Match:

Roman Reigns vs. Big Show

Chicago Street Fight:

Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper

Kiss Me Arse Match:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus

Divas Championship:

Nikki Bella © vs. Naomi

WWE Tag Team Championship:

Cesaro & Tyson Kidd © vs. Big E & Kofi Kingston

Kickoff Exclusive:

Neville vs. Bad News Barrett

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Cena vs. Rusev in a rematch for the U.S. Title has been made official for Extreme Rules. Also, it looks like Rollins vs. Orton for the WWE Title will probably be on the card.

Guest bigmatt
I wonder what you do with Reigns? It's in Chicago so he will probably be number one heel whatever you do. They could put him in the title match and make it a three-way. If he's not in that it looks like Kane or Big Show? The crowd aren't going to like that.

Guest pheadley
could there be a chance of him and ryback vs kane and big show in some sort of tornado tag because I cant see anything for ryback unless he gets who roman dosnt.

Guest Ciaran The King
could there be a chance of him and ryback vs kane and big show in some sort of tornado tag because I cant see anything for ryback unless he gets who roman dosnt.

Oh my god please no, that wouldn't be good

Guest pheadley
Oh my god please no, that wouldn't be good

I know but it looks like ryback is getting back into the authority angle again.

Guest bigmatt

Yeah that's a possibility. I hadn't considered that.

Guest Ciaran The King
After Monday's Raw I think it would have been quite a novel idea to have Neville introduced to Raw the same way Owens was on NXT have him gain the upperhand on Rollins but crash and burn in a losing defeat at Extreme Rules, it would have been so refreshing and just different. Orton and Rollins will produce a solid match but WWE now have the talent pool to start mixing the card up a little more

I'm not seeing how Neville can get a main roster debut like Owens' debut on NXT? So far we've had Owens just running through everyone like a beast, but that woudn't work for Neville.

Saying that, I actually really liked the whole match between Rollins and Neville. They immediately did a lot for Neville by showing that he was more than capable of hanging with the champ, which bodes well for his future on the main roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see him challenging for either the IC or US within the next 3 months.

Guest Ciaran The King
You can't compare the skill set of Neville and Owens but I meant more the aspect of making/keeping Neville look strong. Make Neville stand out the way Owens did but in his own way. A one off main with Rollins at Extreme Rules though would have been a nice change though

The only problem there is that you build Neville up, but then he loses. With Owens, they built him up, and then he won the title in short order, which makes sense. I think Neville has already had the best possible outcome he could hope for saying he's interacting with the champ and proving more than capable of holding his own against a main eventer.

Guest Ciaran The King
I wonder when Rollins will ditch J&J, I mean I like their act but for Rollins to be taken seriously he will have to get rid. For example against Neville he really shouldn't need them but in saying that he didn't need them to cash in

I wonder when Rollins will ditch J&J, I mean I like their act but for Rollins to be taken seriously he will have to get rid. For example against Neville he really shouldn't need them but in saying that he didn't need them to cash in
In these situations, it's a great heel move to not need the back-up, but use it anyway.

Two new matches have been added to the card as Roman Reigns vs. Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match and Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus in a Kiss Me Arse Match will take place at Extreme Rules.

When I first read that there would be a Kiss Me Arse Match on Wikipedia, I thought it was a joke, but it's actually going to happen and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Roman Reigns vs. Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match sounds like a bore and a half to me. It's two of the most uninteresting wrestlers in one of the most overused match types in WWE.

When I first read that there would be a Kiss Me Arse Match on Wikipedia, I thought it was a joke, but it's actually going to happen and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
If it's good enough for Steve Austin v Owen Hart (technically it was title v ass) at Summerslam, then it's good enough for Ziggler v Sheamus at a B-level PPV.