Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Extreme Rules 2015 Discussion Thread - April 26, 2015 from Chicago, IL (#9)

TPIB

Guest BENZ79

So what

I'm not totally sure what the objection is? It seems to be "Cena is still being Cena". Yes he is. He will always be. He is their top guy, he's not going to be booked like shit, he's going to be protected, as he should be. Unless they can build a babyface to be a cemented top guy that draws, he will always be this Cena. If they do he can then turn heel if he and they want to. But until then he will always be Cena. And you have a choice, do you want him to be Cena in the main event or do you want him to be Cena, King of the Mid-card, carrying a secondary title and being Cena against midcarders rather then Cena against new main-eventers. It's a no-brainer for me.

The idea that this is bad because Cena will only drop the title to a heel with a dirty finish or in a multi-man match is weird. It hasn't happened. I don't get angry over bad things that might happen in the future. If it happens I will moan about it. Until then I wont let it tar what is happening. I would think and hope that this whole thing is built for someone from NXT to debut and beat him clean and win the title. That's what I'd do. But not for a while.

How isn't it? It's on the top guy in the company who is defending it week in and week out and winning clean? When has it been positioned higher than this in this company?

Worth? It's worth nothing? If this title is on Barrett or Ziggler or whoever, how is that any better? It's a meaningless title on a meaningless guy.

Was the U.S title positioned any higher when it was on Sheamus in October? Was it more prestigious?

The best new heel that is a 6ft Bulgarian guy getting heat by pretending to be a monstrous Russian heel brought in from an outside territory in the 80's. Russia is great. America is garbage. I like Rusev and think he's got something and has done a good job in the role but come on. He's an absolute cartoon. He was built solely to be beaten by a Mr. USA babyface at Wrestlemania and he was. He's not been killed by being beaten clean by the top babyface once at Wrestlemania. That's what he was designed for. His task to be anybody was to still be something after he's done the job at Wrestlemania and moved on. We'll see. It's probably not helping that Lana is getting over so much as a babyface, they'll probably split them up now.

I agree I think that they split Lana and Rusev up, make Rusev part of the Authority as more security. Then Rusev wins the title off Cena at payback.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King

I was impressed by Extreme Rules but in this PG era they should really think about changing the name of the PPV. Sheamus/Dolph was good but could have been so much better, the stipulation was silly but even in defeat Sheamus looked strong and dominant. New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd was match of the night in my opinion, great fast flowing action and I think it also featured Big E's finest performance since graduating from NXT. A great match and in my opnion surprise winner, I didn't see New Day getting the victory at all.

Although the Rusev/Cena feud has bored me the Chain match was their best effort thus far, good solid action with a win most expected. Also the start of a Lana face turn? Reigns/Show featured a lot of short cuts and at one point I thought Show would get the win!!! however Reigns looked strong and dominant which he needed after his Wrestlemania loss. Great spear to end the contest.....well except for the weight of the table haha.

Ambrose/Harper was crazy stuff, surely it had the shortest in ring time?? Good to see Ambrose get a win on PPV but I fear he may get typecast if not to careful, the match at ER was surely some homage to the Hollywood Brawl between Goldust and Roddy Piper but I just hope Dean's character can calm a little and get back on track. It pays to be crazy but not all the time

The Steel Cage match capped of the show, Seth Rollins winning was obvious it just wasn't the match I expected. There were times when for me it really slowed down and the action was tepid and once again the cage match suffered with the lack of claret, but as previously stated this PPV wasn't that Extreme.

Guest tmsnge
Reigns/Show featured a lot of short cuts and at one point I thought Show would get the win!!! however Reigns looked strong and dominant which he needed after his Wrestlemania loss. Great spear to end the contest.....well except for the weight of the table haha.

it has never bothered me up until that point, but it annoyed me loads when Reigns roared before hitting the spear.

it just made the amount of time Big Show was stood there wobbling feel too long, similar to an awkward silence during a conversation.

i didnt pay too much attention to the whole PPV to comment on the quality of matches though.

Guest bigmatt
Sheamus/Dolph was good but could have been so much better

They'll probably go again at Payback so this was a short match with a flash pin (and post-match shenanigans).

Guest Ciaran The King

Hopefully their rematch should be much more entertaining

Or should offer a more definitive ending

Edited by dsrchris

Guest Jayfunk
it has never bothered me up until that point, but it annoyed me loads when Reigns roared before hitting the spear.

it just made the amount of time Big Show was stood there wobbling feel too long, similar to an awkward silence during a conversation.

i didnt pay too much attention to the whole PPV to comment on the quality of matches though.

I thought at times the face heel characters were slightly off eg Roman basically beat Big Show with weapons while Big Show didn't want to use them. But to me it was Romans best match of the year on PPV.

Rumble wasn't great. Bryan match was pretty dull. No one wanted him in the Mania main event and Brock got cheered through the heat. The best bit was when Rollins cashed in. But the Big Show match I enjoyed.

Edited by Kam