Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Discussion Thread - January 28, 2018 from Philadelphia, PA (#31)

TPIB

The 31st annual WWE Royal Rumble will come to you, live on pay-per-view and the WWE Network, on January 28 at a special start time of 7/6c from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.

The official theme songs of the Royal Rumble are "Power" by Little Mix featuring Stormzy, off of their album "Glory Days", and "King is Born" by Aloe Blacc, which are both available now on iTunes and Spotify.

wwe-royal-rumble-2018-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

First Ever 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match

WWE Championship: 2-on-1 Handicap Match:

AJ Styles © vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Universal Championship: Triple Threat Match:

Brock Lesnar © vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: 2-out-of-3 Falls:

The Usos © vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin

RAW Tag Team Championship:

Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan © vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

United States Championship Open Challenge (Kickoff Match)

Kickoff Match:

Gallows & Anderson vs. The Revival

6-Man Tag: Kickoff Match:

Kalisto, Lince Dorado, & Gran Metalik vs. TJP, Jack Gallagher, & Drew Gulak

Men's Royal Rumble Match Participants

Elias (12/18/17)

Randy Orton (12/26/17)

Shinsuke Nakamura (12/26/17)

John Cena (1/1/18)

Finn Balor (1/1/18)

Baron Corbin (1/2/18)

"Woken" Matt Hardy (1/8/18)

Bray Wyatt (1/8/18)

Rusev (1/9/18)

Aiden English (1/9/18)

Apollo Crews (1/15/18)

Titus O'Neil (1/15/18)

The Miz (1/22/18)

Tye Dillinger (1/23/18)

Big E (1/23/18)

Kofi Kingston (1/23/18)

Xavier Woods (1/23/18)

Roman Reigns (1/26/18)

Women's Royal Rumble Match Participants

Naomi (12/19/17)

Asuka (12/25/17)

Ruby Riott (12/26/17)

Natalya (12/26/17)

Sasha Banks (1/1/18)

Bayley (1/1/18)

Mandy Rose (1/1/18)

Sonya Deville (1/1/18)

Carmella (1/2/18)

Lana (1/2/18)

Tamina (1/2/18)

Liv Morgan (1/2/18)

Sarah Logan (1/2/18)

Mickie James (1/8/18)

Nia Jax (1/8/18)

Becky Lynch (1/9/18)

Dana Brooke (1/15/18)

Alicia Fox (1/15/18)

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make your early guess who is winning the rumble this time?

Meltzer said the current plan is for Balor to win, but he thinks the booking twist is he enters twice. Losing as Balor then winning as the demon.

If that indeed is the plan I like it, but Balors booking is weak lately.

For me personally I would like to see Sheamus win. Assuming he does need to retire soon due to his injuries let him go out with a bang. Rumble and world title run. (Then Cesaro could turn on him and beat him retiring him?)

No way on the Balor thing. It takes him hours to get the makeup done. Unless they bring him in #1 or #2 and then do a simplified paint job and bring him in at #30.

I can see Balor being in 205 before he wins the Rumble.

Who would I like to win it... Rusev perhaps? Yeah, I'm gonna go with Rusev, even though it won't happen. Raw has the main event of WM (presumably Brock vs Reigns) so I guess Smackdown win the Rumble again? If not Rusev, then I guess I'd like to see if Shinsuke could rise to the occasion and have a WM programme with Styles?

PS Meltzer is a glorified fan - he doesn't have any credible inside knowledge so I would take what he says with a pinch of salt...

Rusev? Shinsuke?

Maybe because I'm just completely out of the game, but from what I've saw neither of these guys are ready for Rumble wins. That would be like deflating a balloon if either of them won it. Don't understand everyone's love of Rusev, don't see what the hype is!

They're really pushing Braun right now, so him winning could be plausible. No idea on how long Jeff Hardy is going to be out of the game for, but if Woken Matt is in the Rumble we could see a nice return from him with an interaction between the two. I'd genuinely like to see a Sheamus return to the top leagues, I feel like he has better potential than what he's being used with now.

Guest The Milestourage
Who would I like to win it... Rusev perhaps? Yeah, I'm gonna go with Rusev, even though it won't happen

Rusev was my pick in 2017 and all my friends laughed at me.

Unless they bring him in #1 or #2 and then do a simplified paint job and bring him in at #30.

Could quite easily happen like that.

Braun is the obvious pick I fear so I am not going to go for it.

Perhaps Zayn or Owens?

Braun with the view of making it Braun vs Roman vs Lesnar triple threat? Interesting idea but very similar to the Rumble main event (Braun vs Kane vs Lesnar).

Icon - Rusev is a midcarder because WWE are holding him there. I think he definitely has main event skills (he was pretty much there before he got blacklisted for his engagement to Lana).

I'd genuinely like to see a Sheamus return to the top leagues, I feel like he has better potential than what he's being used with now.

He has had a revival by being in a tag team with Cesaro but his spinal injury is only going to get worse so I wouldn't expect to see another title run out of Sheamus now.

Guest The Milestourage
Braun with the view of making it Braun vs Roman vs Lesnar triple threat? Interesting idea but very similar to the Rumble main event (Braun vs Kane vs Lesnar).

1. Has that been confirmed?

2. Surely the 30-man Rumble is the main event?

I'd like to see Shane throw Zayne and Owens in at #1 & #2 respectively then one of them go on to win it. That would be a shocker and in theme with the current "Shane's out to get them" storyline

Nah, I'm 110% for it. I love the direction the WWE is taking with regards to it's Women's division, giving them their own Rumble is a MASSIVE step forwards. As long as it follows the tradition of including both talent from Smackdown & RAW and not just the RAW women's locker room I can see a great mesh of characters in there. We only get the Rumble once a year so two in one night, for me, is acceptable. Money is already on either Asuka or Paige to win it, I have a feeling Paige as I've heard she's responsible (somewhat) for the Women's division being treated more seriously and getting rid of "Divas" so it would be fitting for her to win!

I was expecting a women's Rumble match in 2018 ever since the Battle Royal in NXT:

There were some nice spots in that, I imagine we'll get a fun match at the PPV. I'm looking forward to some surprises and NXT appearances (even if it's just for the night).

I'm really hoping for a Kharma appearance!!

Don't get me wrong I love the rumble match. Its the match I look forward to each year so having 2 sounds great in concept. Hopefully both are great.

Just worried that the crowd will be burnt out by the end of the men's rumble. ( I assume the mens rumble will go on last.)