Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Overrated Male and Female UFC Fighters

Ogmore

One of the most overrated UFC fighters of all time is former heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar. The man is a brilliant trash-talker, but a mediocre fighter at best. In my mind Lesnar will always be the fighter who tried to cheat his way to victory. It's pathetic that he couldn't pass his USADA drug tests and blamed it all on foot cream. Which UFC fighters do you believe are more about hype than fighting skill?

1. Aleister Overeem-guy gets knocked out way too much for all the hype he gets

2.Paige Van Zant-never really understood the hype around her

3.The entire Bellator Heavyweight division-all past their prime UFC guys for the most part

4.Shogun Rua-got all the hype but never lived up to it

5.GSP-boring fighter who only fought outside Montreal when he had no choice, no finishing power, a take you down and lay on top guy.

Edited by Mr.Windham29

For the women, I think Cris Cyborg is ridiculously overrated. She's failed drug tests in the past and the only thing she has going for her is her size.

GSP-boring fighter who only fought outside Montreal when he had no choice, no finishing power, a take you down and lay on top guy.

That's the perfect way to sum up GSP!

Guest The Wild Things

I'll agree with you all about Cyborg. I think it's funny that she's said that she thinks Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor are overrated. Go figure, huh? (Although I can't really say I disagree with her.)

I'm with @Mr.Windham29 on the Bellator Heavyweight division - most of them really are past their prime - and Paige. Paige was promising in the beginning, but she's done nothing lately that makes her worthy of all the hype.

That's a good point about Bellator Heavyweight division. Mirko Cro Cop is still popular, but he used HGH and plasma then acted like a huge prat over his minor punishment.

Paige Van Zant's career is bizarre because she came out fighting hard then just sort of stopped. Right now it seems like she wants to look great and be admired. She already had that before fighting so I'm baffled by the whole thing. Maybe she just got scared after having her bell rung.