Fan Clubs | beta

Did the entertainment change you?

Guest Luna

It's such a random thought that sent me to a quick self-reflect session. We have been consuming various shapes of entertainment for years that they are bound to change a thing or two in us. How have you changed? Is it for good or bad?

One thing I appreciate about being bombarded with all sorts of entertainment is that much of it is international. That's kept me curious about other cultures and their styles.

I just watched a couple of 1950s and 1960s Japanese films and the kimonos and other details made me wonder a lot about life there at the time, as well as what life was like then in surrounding countries like Korea.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure it has. Doctor Who and Star Trek have probably had the most profound effect on me out of everything I've ever watched. Doctor Who especially just really reinforces that we need to celebrate our differences, stop being so judgmental, and be kind to each other.

Entertainment has had an influence on my lifestyle in general; the way I dress, spend my free time, and so on. I have also learnt so much from the internet, TV, and other entertainment sources; ranging from survival skills to gym workouts.

@headrush @Castle I feel the same. What I see in one series about a new culture encourages me to check similar content, expanding my knowledge slowly but surely. I learn over time that what we see there isn't always accurate, so we need to be careful.

@Zack T I admire those shows, and I reflect on their messages sometimes, but I feel like they are not powerful enough to bring good changes in our lives.

Everything that happens in the entertainment scene is well-scripted to have an effect on our lifestyle. One thing I have come to appreciate is that the different cultures and environments we all exist in, determine the kind of people we turn out to be. This diversity is what should bring us together.

In some way, entertainment did change my attitude about things. Some of the shows, like the Game of Thrones, have encouraged me to continue on with life even when insurmountable trials are in front of me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RubyPetersen
My answer to the question is Yes, entertainment in my life plays a vital role. It heals me from stress or decreases my loneliness in life.

• 2 weeks later...
It depends on the kind of film that you like. Fun for me is car chases and impossible stunts. As for comedy, there is not enough comedy right now that would really make me laugh.