Fan Clubs (beta)

Foreign music

Guest FlyyGurl

Guest FlyyGurl
Do you guys have any tips for foreign music? I have been very much into Brazilian and French music lately. Not that I understand what they are singing, I love the different beats. What do you listen to that is not sung in English?

I don't. I enjoyed Gangnam Style a hell of a lot, it had a sick beat, crazy music video, was very fun. But it didn't last because I can't understand the words.

Ultimately I can't remain hooked to most music unless it's got lyrics and those lyrics are in English.

So EDM, Techno, Classical, Foreign music, all of that I can enjoy to some extent but I can't listen to it for very long because I lose interest.

Guest whothe_h_isshane
For me, lyrics are very important so if I don't understand what they are saying, I would at least look up the lyrics and translate them. I do enjoy some Latin and Arabic music with a good beat, but then only for the beat.

K-pop music might be a good place to start because the groups often sing in English on some songs and sing in their native language on others. BlackPink is an all female group made of insanely talented singers and dancers. They are super entertaining to watch. BTS is an all male group that covers many genres. They've created some seriously deep songs that speak to the times we're in.