Fan Clubs | beta

I Tunes Is.......Well........Dead

Classified

I hate to hear that. The problem with streaming is that you never truly own the music. You're just renting - indefinitely. Thanks for sharing this. I probably would've skipped over the information otherwise and failed to back up my files.

iTunes clearly played a part in the music revolution at the turn of the century, and almost became synonymous with the brand name. Either way, it is possible that Apple has considered all available options and made the decision to do away with it.

The problem with streaming is that you never truly own the music. You're just renting - indefinitely. Thanks for sharing this. I probably would've skipped over the information otherwise and failed to back up my files.

Actually, you can still buy music for .99 in the iTunes Music Store. That part isn't going away according to PopSci. It looks like Apple just broke things down into three parts -music, shows, and podcasts all with separate apps.

• 2 weeks later...
My iTunes library has gotten less use over time. I also have a gift card balance that's been sitting for a few years. I'll wait and see what gets offered once macOS Catalina becomes available.

We all can’t wait for the huge update to the Mac that Catalina will bring along. What I like most is that there will be apps that can run on both iPad and MacOS devices.