Fan Clubs (beta)

Snooping on other people's phones

didge

If you left your phone unattended in a room, there is a big chance that a stranger walking into the room would easily get hold of it and start snooping. If you were hanging out on a lazy afternoon and your partner's phone lit up with a notification, would you look away or get hold of the phone if you noticed it was a message from that hot coworker?

Chances are most of us would get hold of the phone and invade another person's privacy!

• Heart 1

Guest Incredible Iron
I wouldn't dare to do because I wouldn't want that to happen to me as well. I believe in karma, and that deters me from snooping to other people's phones.

I disagree. Just because it's there doesn't mean people are going to pick it up and start snooping through your phone. Chances are most everyone would give a quick glance if they saw a notification pop on your screen, but that's about it. The concern of being caught probably would prevent most people from picking it up, or the concern for privacy.

But if you're worried about it, put a lock screen password on your phone and then no one can actually snoop in it.

I personally have snooped on my ex wife's phone once. But I mean literally, one time. I know she looked at mine with some frequency, particularly after I broke her trust. But not before that, and nobody snoops on my phone after that either. I don't even have a password, anyone hypothetically could just come up and look at my phone if I wasn't paying attention or left it around. But I think nobody really cares to. If you're hyper worried about folks looking at your stuff, try to keep in mind that you usually aren't nearly as important in that regard as you think you are.

Guest Incredible Iron
Chances are most of us would get hold of the phone and invade another person's privacy!

I think the proposition that "most of us" will do it has been disproved with the answers given. The sound notification may get our attention, but that doesn't mean that we were snooping already.

The last time I saw a phone just sitting somewhere, I turned it over to the cashier at the store I was in. The owner was very grateful.

Great and kind gesture indeed. I once misplaced my wallet and tab while out in the city. Someone picked it, called me using an anonymous number and directed me to where I'd pick it from. No details of who he was or any desire for any kind of favor. It seems there's still some hope left in this world.

Guest Pumba
I don't snoop onto other people's phone, but I do glance at somebody's phone when they are playing a game or watching a clip. It is not my habit to do that. I only do it when the eye catches the moving images on the phone.