Fan Clubs | beta

Global warming

lymmo

There is a lot of scepticism about global warming and climate change. It gets confusing when scientists don't seem to agree. To what extent have humans contributed to global warming? Is reducing the gas emissions the only way out?

Global warming is real and is as a result of the human expansion of the "greenhouse effect". Human activity is gradually changing the natural greenhouse. Burning of fossil fuels like coal has kept increasing the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide.

• 1 month later...
The only way to end the pace of climate change is to end the human race. Since that won't happen people need to settle down and realize that us humans are capable of some extraordinary acclimations. We have acclimated to different climates for different reasons ever since we were humans, and we will acclimate to this.

Someone recently criticized me about my single-use plastic use. I put empties in the recycling bin or take them home if I can't find one — which I wouldn't have done as a kid. Getting into people's faces to get the environmental message out can get weird. You don't know what someone's already trying to do to leave fewer footprints.

Someone recently criticized me about my single-use plastic use. I put empties in the recycling bin or take them home if I can't find one — which I wouldn't have done as a kid. Getting into people's faces to get the environmental message out can get weird. You don't know what someone's already trying to do to leave fewer footprints.

Isn't it interesting that everybody always seems to have an opinion about climate change, yet very few people act? Many individuals are playing their part in conserving the environment, yet they don't shout about it.

One person can only do so much. But if 1 billion people, individually, each do something then it's a collective.

So if one billion people individually do something and then say "It's not enough", they are discounting all the others and what they do.

I think we need to stop thinking that our efforts are not enough. If I were the only one planting a tree, sure, that wouldn't be enough. But I have to stop and realize that i million other people are doing the same thing.