Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

The local library

whaleshark

I only go when the city is threatening to cut funding because no one uses it. It feels wrong to close down the library since it's one of the only free resources around where everyone is welcome. Even if no one wants to go today, they might need it tomorrow. At least that's my thinking. I donate books and spare cash to the library from time to time to help a little.

Do you visit yours? I'm such a short drive from mine, and I never go in. It's kind of sad; I used to go at least once a week as a kid. Then, Kindle appeared.

Yes, Kindle changed everything because now you can get a book and read it at the comfort of your space. I visit the local library when I get the chance, but it doesn't always stock the books on my reading list!

I suppose I'm the odd one out. My aunt is the city's head librarian so I go pretty regularly to show support. I volunteer on occasion too. Some libraries have audiobooks and e-books that you can check out. The process is usually completed online so it's very convenient. Many libraries let you stream movies for free through Kanopy so that's worth checking out if you're interested in free entertainment.

I suppose I'm the odd one out. My aunt is the city's head librarian so I go pretty regularly to show support. I volunteer on occasion too. Some libraries have audiobooks and e-books that you can check out. The process is usually completed online so it's very convenient. Many libraries let you stream movies for free through Kanopy so that's worth checking out if you're interested in free entertainment.

Wow, that's great because I had no idea that some libraries have online resources. I'd love a chance to volunteer as well. Nowadays, I prefer books to movies.

• 5 weeks later...
Last time I stepped inside a library was a few years ago, to see an exhibition inside. I do think there will always be a place for libraries as long as schools keep using regular books. Also, the rooms are useful for meetings and classes.

• 2 weeks later...