Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Who is/was your favorite wrestler in WWE?

lymmo

At 24, Randy Orton aka "The Legend Killer" became the youngest world champion in WWE after winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Chris Benoit. He made his debut in 2002 and continues to impress viewers, even in the matches he loses. "The Viper's" signature move is so thrilling as well.

No one's picking old school wrestlers? Poor Hulk Hogan, he must be devastated. I'm 100% old school for the faves. For the men, it's The Undertaker and Andre the Giant, though I must admit I was pretty young when Andre had his heyday so I don't remember all of it. For the women, it's Chyna. She was the first female wrestler that I can remember who was more than just a pretty face.

Nia Jax are my favourite female wrestlers.

Not a fave but she's grown on me.

No one's picking old school wrestlers? Poor Hulk Hogan, he must be devastated. I'm 100% old school for the faves. For the men, it's The Undertaker and Andre the Giant, though I must admit I was pretty young when Andre had his heyday so I don't remember all of it. For the women, it's Chyna. She was the first female wrestler that I can remember who was more than just a pretty face.

Ooh yes, some of my favourite old school wrestlers are Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Wrestling has come a long way. How about Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Ooh yes, some of my favourite old school wrestlers are Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Wrestling has come a long way. How about Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Randy Orton, The Undertaker and Kane. They have/had a certain air of confidence and personality that made the WWE experience a 'must-watch'.

• 2 months later...

Mick Foley. Steve Austin. Bret Hart. They could have good matches with a cinder block.

Mick Foley was a good wrestler, plus The Mandible Claw signature move stuck with a lot of people. As much as this sport has made great strides, we can still relieve scenes from past matches.

• 3 weeks later...

SCSA, and, dare I say (oh, shit, I guess I do) Chris Benoit. Is he a piece of shit for what he did? No doubt, but that doesn't change what he was capable of between the bells. Also, Michaels, Eddie and Pillman. And The Rock, as a talker, was godly.

Also, and it goes against literally every fiber of my being to say this, but Cena was deservedly the man during his Super-Cena run.

• Heart 2

• 1 month later...
Benoit was one of my all time favorites too. The current medical opinion seems to be that he was out of his mind at the end of his life. Maybe it was brain damage, maybe it was psychotic break due to depression or other things, but whatever it was, he wasn't his normal self. That doesn't erase what he did, but for me at least, it sort of provides that barrier and distinction that he wasn't in his right state of mind anymore. If he hadn't of killed himself, it's entirely possible he would've been committed to a mental institution. Or wouldn't have done it at all...ugh.

Benoit was one of my all time favorites too. The current medical opinion seems to be that he was out of his mind at the end of his life. Maybe it was brain damage, maybe it was psychotic break due to depression or other things, but whatever it was, he wasn't his normal self. That doesn't erase what he did, but for me at least, it sort of provides that barrier and distinction that he wasn't in his right state of mind anymore. If he hadn't of killed himself, it's entirely possible he would've been committed to a mental institution. Or wouldn't have done it at all...ugh.

Very much on point! What he achieved cannot be erased by the unfortunate turn of events. Many athletes have graced the WWE, and what strikes most of us is the sort of personality and fighting style that they brought to the ring.