Fan Clubs (beta)

How's weather?

LinemanM

Are you a lineman by trade? If you get the call, be careful out there. I'd be afraid of rioters, etc. coming at you and the trucks while you're trying to restore power. Kudos to you for working in that field!

It is hot here! So hot! I feel for the folks who work outside all the time.

Are you a lineman by trade? If you get the call, be careful out there. I'd be afraid of rioters, etc. coming at you and the trucks while you're trying to restore power.

Do you mean protestors? I obviously haven't seen every protest location, but I drive by three sets on my way to work. From what I've seen there haven't been any riots. Not to mention, it would be impossible to tell which side, if any, started the riot. I say that because if I was planning to do something criminal for money, I'd time it with something else that's chaotic in order to place blame elsewhere.

I really hate it when newsgroups say such bad things. As though our townspeople are rotten and our police force is crooked. People are protesting and the cops come by, but no one seems to have a problem with the other. There's been no escalation of tactical gear, gassing the crowd, tasing people, shutting off body cameras, hitting citizens, kidnapping citizens and journalists, shooting into the crowd, or anything of the sort. And on the other side, the protestors haven't thrown a firebomb, disrupted traffic, or anything like that. I've seen the two sides sharing water, sunscreen lotion, and everything else. I think that's much more common than what we're seeing on the news. Most people act decently- whether they're police officers, or soldiers, or average citizens. There's no reason to think that a lineman can't do the job safely. I had to quit watching the news. It's all gloom and doom because that's what sells.

I sure hope that those in the path of Hurricane Isaias are okay. The weather here really hasn't been too bad, so I can't complain. It seems to get much hotter in other parts of the world. It still feels plenty hot here, though.